ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye Valver, hello Alfa!

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
Hey all,

Well, sold the Valver just under a month ago, to a very happy TopgearTom. It's been a bit of a wait, but finally got my new car - the previous owner had a private plate on it and I've had to wait for it to be re-registered, so just managed to pick it up on Saturday.

REALLY impressed anyway.:cool: It's my 1st Alfa and I'm loving it so far. Feels luxurious and smooth, very nice to drive.

Anyway - here's some photos of it. Fitted clear indiactors already, but that's it for the mods! It still handles really well through the corners without being lowered, so may well leave it this way... Took it up to Leeds/Bradford airport at lunchtime for a few shots with the camera...

Alfaclose-upfromfrontSMALL.jpg

AlfafrombackSMALL.jpg

Alfaclose-upfrombackSMALL.jpg

AlfafromsideSMALL.jpg

AlfafromfrontSMALL.jpg

AlfainteriorSMALL.jpg

RyanairplaneoveralfaSMALL.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i rememeber when i worked for Rover we had an Alfa 156 in the garage for some reason. It was a 2.0l one iirc. Lovely seats and great sounding engine just like in the pics. the interiors are really nice!

hope you enjoy it! :D

Turbos.
I can recommend the Rhoddy Harvey Bailey suspension kit.

On my first ring trip 4 years ago my instructor over took the ring taxi in one of them.

Turbos.
They are popular in the SA. A lot of people ship their engines over their for tuning and get them shipped back, usually cheaper! Especially for mega 3.8 V6 24v conversions.

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
Good luck. You'll get to know the lay-byes very well.

ha ha - it's been well looked after, and I'll continue to do so. Hopefully should be OK! (Got breakdown cover with my insurance just in case tho...!)

I can recommend the Rhoddy Harvey Bailey suspension kit.

On my first ring trip 4 years ago my instructor over took the ring taxi in one of them.

Right - will look out for that then. Not really looked into any mods yet as it handles very well as standard anyway...

Cheers for all the comments anyway guys

laters
James.

How can i have missed this!

Looks fab mate, Alfa certainly know how to design cars. The interior looks mint and bloody comfy!

Hope you get many miles of joy out of it!

Get an Autodelta chip and exhaust system and she'll sing. :cool:

Tom