ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2009

Thought this might start to get boring after a few years running, but nope, it doesn't! Up at 4:30 this morning to make sure I was there for opening (7am), lovely and quiet (relatively) for the first hour, which was great for grabbing some static shots.

The action shots are a little different this year, did loads of panning last year so mostly went for nice tight sharp shots this time around.

581081804_K7qVD-L.jpg

581088470_3FVyz-L.jpg

581093811_QyQK3-L.jpg

581186095_oPaYE-L.jpg

581179531_XNdqv-L.jpg

581145831_TmGec-L.jpg

581133032_ste99-L.jpg

581147514_eieWB-L.jpg

581142457_Ajc8G-L.jpg

581180980_bM6Zq-L.jpg

581188879_ALHJr-L.jpg

581203307_PDjRJ-L.jpg

581149251_tm2YX-L.jpg

581126889_YpMwr-L.jpg

581113544_LwPs6-L.jpg

581187379_JCidS-L.jpg

581191427_s2fpS-L.jpg

581195286_RVSGv-L.jpg

Plenty more here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/8777995_GEjgE/1/581081804_K7qVD

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Brilliant pics Chris, and good to see you again. I'm still downloading and sorting through mine at the moment, it was a cracking day though.

Brilliant pics Chris, and good to see you again. I'm still downloading and sorting through mine at the moment, it was a cracking day though.

Quite amused that I walked around the corner and then straight into you, especially considering there were about 50,000 people there!

I enjoyed it more than last year, variety of cars seemed better and they seemed to pay more attention to the Friday this year (more famous drivers, Red Arrows etc)

What car is that in the second pic... RUF?

Yup, CTR3.

Stunning pics as usual Chris. Loving the one of GTO and the Motorcycle.

Nick Mason's GTO, being driven by his wife, iirc.

Peter Fonda is driving the motorcycle in that pic, replica of the one used in Easy Rider (original was stolen), quite odd seeing a super-famous actor blatting it up the hill on a bike!

stunning pics Chris. Where were you based for most of them? I got in about 10am and couldn't barge my way in....!

Virtually all my 'keepers' were taken on the house side of the hillclimb (cars going from my right to left whilst going up the hill), it's much quieter over there and there are some fantastic angles that you don't have to fight for space to get!

I got fed up of people pushing in or standing right on top of me on the 'normal' side, even though I was right at the top where it's generally quieter. One guy walked along, stood at the rope with his video camera and pushed forward on it as far as possible, blocking the view for me and everyone else on the same stretch or rope fencing, idiot!

Nikon D700
nice, i'll give that a bash next year. I was mainly over the other side, and got stuck in the middle of the rally stages for an hour without being let out, and there were too many trees to get anything decent up there.

I'll get there earlier next year, and get a 3 day pass. Was a cracking day, loved it!

rb clio 182 cup
just been on your website to look at all the other cars and im quite impressed. i really like the autounion d type,the one driven by nick mason, cmc models do a really top quality 1/18th scale if anyone wants one (apart from me that is)

Tangoed Works
Gorgeous piccys there a shame i couldn't make it yesterday. Will defo hit this next year some nice motors in action there.

just been on your website to look at all the other cars and im quite impressed. i really like the autounion d type,the one driven by nick mason, cmc models do a really top quality 1/18th scale if anyone wants one (apart from me that is)

Plenty of nice metal there, a car geeks dream, quite frankly, especially if you're up on your racing car history.

Loads of stuff I didn't get shots of, Panamera (looks like a Top Gear Porsche Limo, horrific!), the 2 Veyrons. More Sportscar/Le Mans cars than I could count as well, pretty much every remotely famous car you can think of.

Mini Cooper S sport
Amazing pics, love the ones of Peter Fonda and the Lambo.

We had a Eurofighter Typhoon today instead of the Red Arrows, the noise was incredible.

106 GTI
The RUF looks like its been photoshopped in, so sharp.

Jesse James in the baja truck thing?

The RUF looks like its been photoshopped in, so sharp.

Jesse James in the baja truck thing?

Yup, I think Sandra Bullock was/is there with him all weekend as well. Amazing truck, 1 metre of suspension travel apparently, cost over $1m to design/build, it just drove over things like jumps like they were not even there, stupidly fast as well.

Oil Burner
Excellent shots.

You really seem to have gone from strength to strength this year, your head on 'fast shutter speed' shots are the greatest improvement to my mind.

Good stuff.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Boy got skills

Some awesome shots there mate. I went down on the sunday, thought we were hardcore getting up at 6am, but 4.30....wtf!