ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival Of Speed

Mk4 .:R32
Couldn't find another thread so i thought i'd start one :).

Is anyone going next month? Whats it like?
I just bought tickets for Sunday as i was told this is the best day. I herd Hamilton is going to be there in his Mclaren too amongst other famous drivers....
I was also told the F1 pit is awesome to have a look in, especially when they are starting the cars up.

cheers

looks great mate, nice pics. how easy is it to park and what time is best to go there in the mornings?
cheers

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Take ear plugs or your ears will bleed ;)

Sunday's the busiest day...if you want even a slight chance of seeing anything, get there early.

I tend to head for the banking on the right hand side of the track just after Molecombe corner.

You then get to see Lambos binning it into hay bales on the corner, rally drivers doing 4-wheel drifts around the corner, motorbikes pulling wheelies up the hill, and F1 cars setting their rear tyres on fire (well, not really LOL)...

My highlights from last year;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMIzGg1o_cY

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I live 5 mins from Goodwood after you are all finished you can all come round for tea :) O and im going SAT + SUN

Lee

BMW M2C
I've never had any parking problems, even the years I've not had parking with guest passes it's still only a 10 minute stroll through some fields.

Getting out is a nightmare though, the local roads really struggle.

350Z GT
Am going on the Friday this year, also havn't been before but hope to take a fair few photos! Only got the Friday tickets as they were cheaper and thought it wouldnt be as busy, hopefully just as much going on though. Shouldnt take more than 15-20 mins to get there from the Wightlink car ferry

Take ear plugs or your ears will bleed ;)

Sunday's the busiest day...if you want even a slight chance of seeing anything, get there early.

I tend to head for the banking on the right hand side of the track just after Molecombe corner.

You then get to see Lambos binning it into hay bales on the corner, rally drivers doing 4-wheel drifts around the corner, motorbikes pulling wheelies up the hill, and F1 cars setting their rear tyres on fire (well, not really LOL)...

My highlights from last year;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMIzGg1o_cY

Nice vid, sounds good LOL. My old man said that my ears will bleed! Is there a main Straight part of the track which you can stand by and watch them floor it? some stop and do wheelspins and the likes so i have heard..

Am going on the Friday this year, also havn't been before but hope to take a fair few photos! Only got the Friday tickets as they were cheaper and thought it wouldnt be as busy, hopefully just as much going on though. Shouldnt take more than 15-20 mins to get there from the Wightlink car ferry

Yeh thats the good part. Be there in half hour :)

Friday is awesome imo, especially if you aren't fussed about seeing the famous drivers but still want to see 95% of the cars. Still busy but much much quieter than Saturday or Sunday. I'm going on Friday again this year.

In an ideal world I would wander the massive static displays on the Friday then enjoy the track/rally action on the Saturday...it's all waaaaaay too much to do in a day.

My pics from the Friday last year. http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/3041493_6xLYM

Having an F1 car 20ft away with just hay between you is an experience...and absolutely deafening.

Mini Cooper S sport
Will be going on the Sunday! Press pass FTW

Hate the stony drive up to the car park though..

You have to either get there mega-early (like 8am) or go late..I will be going late as it's the day after I get back from holiday!

Been to a couple of FOS and the revival and both are excellent, grand stand seats are worth the extra money, really wish I was going this year.

I went to it last year on the Saturday when it hammered it down. Highlight of it for me was knocking one out over the Harrods Mclaren F1, that was it really.

salonp07conc_mclaren.jpg

:approve:

SQ5
Going down friday night camping, spending all of saturday there then camping again for a long trip back on the sunday! Think its gonna take about 4 hours 1 way.

I am also FOS virgin :)

TT 225
Bump - only a week to go now :)

Be there Friday for a night in Brighton and a Saturday to chill, at the show Sunday. Weather is looking dodgy like last year though when it just rained the whole time :(