ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GoodYear Eagle F1’s

Has anyone had these fitted to their Cup yet or any 172, Ive just had a set fitted by the Mafia aka Kwik Fit, my contis were dead! They cost me a leg and my arm to the elbow.

Any comments more than welcome!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

They are superb...

Just wait until it rains (not long) then see how much better they are in the wet than the Contis :)

Yup, absolutely fabo tyres..... in the rain they are amazing, in the dry they stick very well, just make sure you do a good long steady run to heat them through them give them a bit of stick to scrub them a bit.

Ive had no problems with any of mine at all, wouldnt dare go back to contis.

not a clio anymore

If you want to buy tyres in the M40 area near-ish London, I also recommend looking at http://www.merityre.co.ukwww.merityre.co.uk

They have decent price. The F1 are at 83.53 fitted. The contis are at 58.78 fitted (51.14 + 7.64)

Thanks peeps I paid £170 for the pair, I guess this wasnt such a bad price after all, however, the guy a kwik fit said that he driven a cup and thought they were slow I asked whet he drove and he showed this mk2 golf with a ludicrous exhaust on..I smiled and was polite!!!

What a numpty!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 23 September 2003

I think ill go toyos!! Maybe wait til next time for eagles.
Just had these fitted to my172 and there grrrrrrrrreat

ian

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 23 September 2003

Rich -

Which toyos should i go for? There going on 17" turinis! Need to get them sorted asap.
The tyres to get are the Proxes T1-S ones, which are £64.70 each in 205/40ZR17 from mytyres...

The Toyo T1-S are slightly better in the dry than the Goodyear Eagle F1, however if it damp/wet the Toyos are a lot worse than the Goodyears - Id be surprised if any other tyre can come close to them.

Ive a set of Goodyear Egale F1, GSD3s on my Mk1 172, and quite frankly, they suck majorly. Definately download grade in handling from the previous Michelin Pilot Sport SXs. Very floaty/boaty feel to the car. My advise, dont get the Goodyears!

CTR EK9 turbo

it seems they downgrade the handling on the mk.1 172;s. I had eagle F1s on mine at £200 for 4 (micheldever tyres near winchester) and they turned my car into a BOAT. Now have michelin exaltos which seems to have improved things. Maybe the sidewalls are harder?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Pilot Exaltos, great tyre, especially in the wet . I got em by accident when i ordered Eagle f1s and they were out of stock. And for god sake dont choose Toyos over the Goodyear/Michelins,the toyos are cheaper for a reason. I found the T1s sh*te in the wet.

not a clio anymore

Star_slayer, yo must have had a special offer or something. The cheapest F1 GDS2 they have is £71 in 15" and £79 for the 16".

Quote: Originally posted by nonos on 24 September 2003

Star_slayer, yo must have had a special offer or something. The cheapest F1 GDS2 they have is £71 in 15" and £79 for the 16".
Give em a ring!! I ordered mine today! delivery included to!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I have the T-1s on the front axle of my car and it made a big improvement, in the wet they arent brill, but in the dry they are superb, especially once run in and heated up, they are such a soft compound its like glue.

Elise/VX220/R26

Ive had eagle F1s on a car before and I must say in the wet they are brilliant, but feck me in the dry they are worse! Wouldnt have them again, they do last well but the dry performance is not there at all.

i priced them yesterday at this wee tyre and exhaust place at 39 quid each for the williams size, very cheap!!!