ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear EAGLE F1 GSD-2

ok, thinking of gettin two of these to replace my worn down front tyres, but i will move the Pirelli P6000s i have on the rear to the front and put the goodyears on the rear, good option u think? two delivered to my door for £141.20 that a good price? but they i need to get em fitted how much u think i am looking at for that?

Matt

Couldnt comment on the Goodyear tyres... dont rate the P6000 ones very good myself from previos experience.

Id get a set of Yokohamas or Toyos personally.. Fitting shouldnt cost more than about £12-15 for the set

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I got a 2 Toyos recently (of the proxes variety) they have proved to be far superior to the original contis .. but I have never tried the F1s or the P6000s so I cant compare.

You should be able to get them fitted for that unless youve got big wheels etc. Ive got some F1s GSD 3. Okay in dry, amazing in the wet, wear seems alright. Might be paranoia and not sure if tyres can do this but although the grip level is higher the car seems to understeer rather than be neutral on the limit since Ive had the tyres fitted. Probs just bad driving!

Fiesta TDCI

Ive just had these fitted to my 172, loads better than the contis, much grippier, nice tread pattern too!!

Supposed to be better that the Toyos, not knocking the Toyo its a great tyre for the money, at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Shop around I was quoted from £130 to £69 per corner!!

Funny how opinions vary. Ive got P6000s on the Williams and they are just fine. I like them. Some people like the ContiSports and others (me!) hate the b******s!

Same with the F1s.

F1s are great. You can plough through standing water with total confidence. Well, unless the water thats standing happens to be in a pond... LOL ;)

Get them and enjoy. Go to a independant tyre fitters and ask how much theyll charge to put tyres on that you already have. Ive paid about £20 for two before. (I think - it wont be a lot anyway.)

And yes, put new tyres on the back, unless you fancy armfuls of lift-off-oversteer opposite-lock!

I paid £312 for 4 (185 55 15) including fitting and balancing. They are amazing tyres and a lot better than the Conti premium or sport tyres, especially in the wet!

Revels Mum & Sister

I have F1s on mine

195/50/15

Are really really good mate! Found they grip more than I need. Different people have different views.

You wont be dissapointed!

F1s are poo...........

the end.

they still aquaplane, they still skid and they wash out so early it silly......

ive got them all round on my williams, they flick up stones like fukc, i personally wouldnt get them solely because of this but........

tyres are personal preference imho. I like Toyos, but dont like replacing them every 6k, where I have Falkens on now, and detest them, but they last really well and are predictable.

The Eagles are good tyres but i went through some in about 4k of hard driving

CTR EK9 turbo

well this is how its been. I recently got a set of 4 goodyear eagle F1s and this cost me £190 fitted/balanced and included a towing adjustment. When they first put them on the car felt VERY boaty and not how it used to drive with the old michelins on, but now they seem ok. The grip around roundabouts is pretty good and the back does not step out (i havent had it fly out far on lift off) but they squeel like a gang of young pigs in a furnace.

They look nice and im gradually getting to like them more. But still would like the back end to be more mobile, the body roll seems to have increased (probably due to extrta grip), but grip is definately a bit better. Ive found they do understeer more than the old F1s i had on there. The old F1s lasted ages (especially with the abuse they got)