ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 5

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Decided this is what I'm gonna upgrade my HTC Desire HD to. Any decent contract deals about yet? If not I'll probably just buy one

Looks luch, but with a 5" screen it must be huge!

Edit - just looked at the size and its only 1.2mm taller than the Galaxy S3 which may mate has.

Oh my....

Last edited:
will get one stateside at christmas for the wife as they are currently £200 there.

annoyed the G" is only 16GB , as i get 50% discount with EE , i suspect if battery is not an issue on the nexus i will buy one in the USA and take an Iphone 5 S from ee and flog it boxed and unlocked.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome looking phone.

Still not sold on it being an LG phone though, but then again I haven't had one for years.

This will probably be the phone to replace my Xperia Z!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Looks luch, but with a 5" screen it must be huge!

Edit - just looked at the size and its only 1.2mm taller than the Galaxy S3 which may mate has.

Oh my....

What is it with you Apple boys and girls that makes you fear 5" OLED screens? Some of us are just naturally used to wielding large items in our hands ;)

Never said I feared it!

Really should have made my point a bit clearer. The oh my part was meant to mean it's not that big as my mates S3 is an alright size. I'm not quite sure how you didn't get that from my comment lol.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It read like you were shocked at the sheer size of five whole diagonal inches so I made the guess that you had to be an iPhone user.

Indeed, I thought it was going to huge, but then looked at the size compared to the S3 and they are pretty much identical so its not as big as first thought. And yes I am currently an iphone user!

Bumper case looks pretty nifty too.

And this his may sound sad... But I have just found out that clash of clans is on android and you can port your game over from iOS! For me that's huge as I'm addicted to the game and put shed loads of time getting an awsome base lol.

LY 182
Realised that 16GB will be fine for me so cancelled 32GB order via Play Store (said dispatched by 8/11) and ordered from Carphone Warehouse who said they have stock. Not sure when I'll get it but should hopefully only be a couple days now.

/impatient

work for BMW
went into Carphonewarehouse today to have a look at one. They are a tiny bit bigger then the 4 but not much. The back of the phone looks good but i think i prefer the funky sparklyness of the 4 haha. How ever it was super quick to go through apps and in general .. its tempting but it doesn't do anything new to the nexus 4 so i might not upgrade yet

I'm hoping CPW have one for me to look at so can order a 32gb online.

The size will be a huge difference from my 4S but hoping it's something I can get used too!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i think this is starting to become the norm (for the moment anyway), the innovations in hardware aren't really enough to warrant upgrading as quickly as you would before.

Similar situation with the 5 to 5S

Its a nice device, feels a bit cheaper than a Nexus 4 in the hand.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Ordered at about 6.15 last night. Probably didn't need to upgrade form the 4 to be honest, but I want it.
Anyone worrying about it being LG, don't, my 4 has been excellent, it really makes a difference not having manufacturer skins on Android, way way smoother and just better, I liked sense on my HTCs, but it caused loads of stability issues. I'm glad they've got rid of the glass back though, as I broke it on mine really easily.

I'm currently eyeing the 32GB one now. I have a rooted S3 with Cyanogen anyway so it's no slouch so if I upgraded it would only be out of wanting and desire. I'm probably better waiting till the summer when my upgrade is due.
Still... looks good though. Do want.

2014 Focus Titanium
I'm currently eyeing the 32GB one now. I have a rooted S3 with Cyanogen anyway so it's no slouch so if I upgraded it would only be out of wanting and desire. I'm probably better waiting till the summer when my upgrade is due.
Still... looks good though. Do want.

It will be way faster than an S3 even if it is running CM. Nothing faster than pure android, and the N5 has twice the amount of RAM and 2.2ghz Quad! (I've gone from a rooted custom S3 to a stock HTC One X+ and now ordered this)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I just cannot get on with vanilla android. Maybe KK will be better than ICS or JB though... I've never rooted as I actually like Samsungs Touchwiz

Had a look in CPW today but no stock. One of the workers had one though. It is a big device but very nice and slick. So light too, almost not enough weight to it! Didn't have a chance to test operating system so still got decisions to make. Did rule out the htc one, one mini, s4 and s4 mini though!

Looking for a slim case as if I go for a Nexus I will need a case as accident prone! Not much about just yet.