ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GoPro Mount

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I can’t find a good angle for my GoPro on trackdays using the cage. Especially with the mount I have at the moment as it either sits to high or to low.

I remember seeing a while ago there was a mount that went between the two bucket seats and mounted through the harness holes in either seat.

I’m not sure if this was custom made or it was an actual thing.

Any ideas?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll get some pics of where it’s mounted at the moment.

I have a hero 7 and it always looks really zoomed out and fish eyed.

Pic below of the view, as you can see it’s really high and the actually image itself is very high in contrast.

IMG_2565.jpeg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ah 😂 I read your post wrong.

Didn’t realise there was a narrow view on there.
I will have a look through the settings in that case.

In the good old days GoPros had a 'spot meter' setting that meant it always adjusted exposure to the center point in the field of view. Worked really well for fixed in-car cameras.

Now, you get to choose by tapping the screen to set where that focal exposure spot is in the FOV.

The trouble with that is that, for the likes of us that have a fixed camera needing capture through a windscreen, doing that every time you want to record is a) a pain in the ar$e and b) often completely impossible if you're strapped into a seat and just want to press go.

As @JamesBryan says, the way around that is narrowing your field of view so that more of what you capture is just the view through the windscreen...then the automatic exposure tends to work. You don't get such a wide view of what you're up to in the cabin though, and the best/only way I've found of doing that is running a second camera.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
What I tend to do is open the boot and press record so I can see the screen and that it is recording before I’m strapped in. So setting a focal exposure spot may be possible.

I’ve had it a few times where I’ve been out, thinking it is recording to end up with just a photo at the end 🤦‍♂️