ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GoPro Questions

TrackCar & F30 330d
Hi Guys,

I've just bought a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition to use as my Trackday camera, and also for when i go snowboarding! (its actually an Xmas present from the GF so i cant open it yet)

What i was wanting to know is if your using the GoPro for most of the day then how long does the battery last? And also if your filming a lot all day then how quickly does the memory card get filled up on the 1080p setting?

Does the Hero 3 Come with a memory card? If not then whats the largest memory card i can fit into the camera?

Also how do you charge the Gopro? just plug it into a laptop?

Cheers

Chris

Looking for 182
What i was wanting to know is if your using the GoPro for most of the day then how long does the battery last?

Having had a look around reports seem to be between 50 minutes and 2 hours recording, depending on conditions (temperature) and video settings. This is purely based on searching via Google.

And also if your filming a lot all day then how quickly does the memory card get filled up on the 1080p setting?

No idea.

Does the Hero 3 Come with a memory card? If not then whats the largest memory card i can fit into the camera?

No. 64Gb. MicroSD class 10 or higher required.

Also how do you charge the Gopro? just plug it into a laptop?

USB charging cable.

Clio 182 arctic
Where did you manage to get the black edition from bud? I can't seem to get one at all at a fair price anyway. I'm not paying over £430 for one when they are supposed to retail at £360 when they arrive here in large numbers eventually

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Have it constantly connected to a power source if used incar. Drill a hole in the side of the case so you can plug your USB Cable in it.

On holiday I accidentally recorded about 2-3 hours of footage of the sky while it was being charged on my dash.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I'm lead to believe that the black edition is not out till mid January.. As told by go pro themselves..

Only way possible to get here before Xmas is to order from the states so got mine ordered last week.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Good thinking I will get them hardwired then I didn’t realise it was possible :)

lol!

Neither did I till we got to the hotel/campsite and I put my SD card into the laptop and look at what I'd recorded. 32gb class 10 SD card is all you'll need as well! If in doubt record at 720p.

The 12v source from my cigarette lighter was enough to hold charge and record but it wasn't enough to record and charge the battery to full again.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Good thinking I will get them hardwired then I didn’t realise it was possible :)

lol!

You didnt realise that? Despite the fact that porkies car was full of wires going to his ones that you were having to climb through to get in and out?

Neither did I till we got to the hotel/campsite and I put my SD card into the laptop and look at what I'd recorded. 32gb class 10 SD card is all you'll need as well! If in doubt record at 720p.

The 12v source from my cigarette lighter was enough to hold charge and record but it wasn't enough to record and charge the battery to full again.
I’m being a cheapskate and only buying the white edition ones so I think they are limited to 720 anyway :)
You didnt realise that? Despite the fact that porkies car was full of wires going to his ones that you were having to climb through to get in and out?
Ahhh I thought they were for the fancy remote control he was using! He was always swapping batteries around lol!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I’m being a cheapskate and only buying the white edition ones so I think they are limited to 720 anyway :)

Ahhh I thought they were for the fancy remote control he was using! He was always swapping batteries around lol!

Think it was probably sd cards he was mainly swapping, although he was having problems with the number of extension leads and doublers he was running too as it was all from the fag socket, lol

no idea on battery life on the new 3 as this is one of the issues on the 2 (its never what it should be )

720p on a 32gb card will give about 4 hours .

i use a 2 with the double battery pack , but also look at higher capacity batteries as i have those as well.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks for the info everyone!

There's a shed load of Hero 3 Black Editions here in the States!

Oh and it cost me £270 because of the exchange rate. BOOOM!

Cant wait for Christmas now lol.