ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gordini 182 CUP

Petrol Blue 182

I went into renault dealers near me yesterday to look at the 182 CUP they have there,it was racing blue with white stripes.

I asked the sales guy about it and he told me it was a Gordini and they were only making 500 of them.

I asked if they had splitters and he said they dont have them,they are completely stripped and are very fast.

It has 4000 miles on and is up for £11995 we are currently in discussion bout price though as i have told himn how much im willing to pay and he sais he will see what he can do.

I took it for a test drive and it seemed very nice.

Also it had the engine management light on!

I asked him bout it and he fobbed me off wi some bull.

It was the sctual CUP without the leather and stuff.

He said it has no t/c either.

So my questions are....

Is it really some limited addition thing or not?

Is it worth the asking price?

Apparently its an ex-demo does that mean its been thrashed?

172 Cup

182 Cup comes in whatever this colour is only iirc.

The 182 comes with the option of Gordini Stripes (on blue only) but its not a stripped down model.

Petrol Blue 182

The inferno?

It was defo a cup as it had no leather and all the other fancy things.

So as no body heard of the Gordini edition?

It was racing blue,gordini stripes,anthracite wheels.

Cup 172

Limited to 500? Im sure thats not right...

SOunds like a standard 182 Cup with stripes to me. If thats the case, you can pick them up for under 11 brand new!

Petrol Blue 182

jon_r thats a bit f**king harsh im not saying that is the truth thats why i put up the thread and asked!

Im just going of what the salesman told me.

It defo had no leather or all that sh*t,as i drove it!

Like i said i didnt think it was gospel thats why im asking advice.

So where do people get these cracking deals,of £11000 brand new?

Impossible at my local garage!

Also the salesman was saying oh the cup version like this is quicker than one wi cup packs.

I must admit i didnt particullay agree or disagree with him.

I just wanted other peoples opinions.

Octavia VRS

Tell the dealer that he knows feck all and that you are no mug! The Gordini is just what they call the Cup in France IIRC?

The cup version ALWAYS comes with both cup packs, it is available in racing blue, racing blue with stripes, and inferno. It shouldnt have the service light on. Dont buy it.

172, Tiguan

Its just a Racing Blue 182 Cup thats missing the splitter by the sounds of it. It is overpriced by about 2k as well.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

tell him that when u sell something its a good idea to know what your selling instead of making up bulsh*t like limited numbers etc...

the price is a pisstake to.. lol

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

£11,995 - that is what a brand spanking 182 with cup bits is brand new.

182 CUP is prob about £10,995 brand new.

..... if you have a look around....

Petrol Blue 182

Cheers lads.

I made the mistake of taking the girly along and if i had listened to her i would now be an un-proud owner of a piss take car wi a light wallet and a very happy dealer!

I made an appointment to see him at 16.00 on sat!

So where bouts can i find these deals??

INTERNET!?

[Edited by Dodson on 28 April 2005 at 1:24pm]

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 28 April 2005
LMAO - he knows absolutely NOTHING!Go somewhere else where the salesperson has the slightest idea what theyre talking about.

Yeah but he said he wanted a Renault, dude :p

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Dodson on 28 April 2005

I went into renault dealers near me yesterday to look at the 182 CUP they have there,it was racing blue with white stripes. Nice

I asked the sales guy about it and he told me it was a Gordini and they were only making 500 of them. 50000 maybe

I asked if they had splitters and he said they dont have them,they are completely stripped and are very fast. yes it does and how a car with aircon can be classed as completely stripped?

It has 4000 miles on and is up for £11995 we are currently in discussion bout price though as i have told himn how much im willing to pay and he sais he will see what he can do. I can get a new one UK unregistered for £11,118.61 or a full fat 182 for £11,840.86, a second hand one will be sub 10k

I took it for a test drive and it seemed very nice.

Also it had the engine management light on! Oh Dear, could be rectified in 2 mins though by the dealer, salesman knows nothing

I asked him bout it and he fobbed me off wi some bull. thats sales for you

It was the sctual CUP without the leather and stuff.

He said it has no t/c either. yes it does and ESP!

So my questions are....

Is it really some limited addition thing or not? NO

Is it worth the asking price? NO

Apparently its an ex-demo does that mean its been thrashed? Yes, but havent they all?
get yourself over to http://www.carselect.lloydstsb.comhttp://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com and grab yourself a deal.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

Have many of you guys ordered on the web? if so how did it go, I am looking to get a 182 cup soon.
I am not sure about ordering a car on line thats all.

Vee dub

Dodson - sounds like your salesman is talking absolute mailto:cr@p">cr@p buddy

Limited to 500? lol hes just saying that to make you buy it!

Really really sad that alot of the salesman do not have a clue about the r/s models.....

You can deffo get a better deal than that one mate!

Oh yeah, ps... get a valver

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Thomss on 28 April 2005

Have many of you guys ordered on the web? if so how did it go, I am looking to get a 182 cup soon.
quite a few, Lloyds Tsb are very good, cant fault them, same as ordering through a dealer but you get a fantastic price and delivery to your door, cant fault it.

renault clio 182 cup

Got my 182 cup, 05 reg from jamjarcars on the internet,paid £11500 for a brand new uk car.highly recommended.:D

Best to do all the research before you go to the Renault dealer, especially regarding RS models, very unusual to find a salesperson who knows his/her stuff on anything other than the standard Clios and Meganes etc. Not the way things should work but at least with ClioSport here all the info you need is readily available.

Dont rely on the Renault website either, theyve underspecced the Cup and have never gotten round to updating it (at least not the last time I looked)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

new-car-discount.com sorted me out ok...took 5 months though.

renault clio 182 cup

Quote: Originally posted by Thomss on 28 April 2005Have many of you guys ordered on the web? if so how did it go, I am looking to get a 182 cup soon.
[/QUOTE]new-car-discount.com sorted me out ok...took 5 months though.

Only took 6 weeks for mine from jamjarcars

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

new-car-discount.com sorted me out ok...took 5 months though.

ncd did my full fat one in 3 weeks! what a great xmas pressie it was too

M140i/Orange 182

when they say "final payment" is that an optional final payment, ie you can give the car back or extend the finance?

thats on the 182 by the way ( Lloyds website)

Cam

182 Cup

ahhh dagnammit!! I got my 05 Inferno 182 cup for £12,200 from Renault liverpool, thought i got a good deal!!! :(

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by 53clio_tom on 29 April 2005

when they say "final payment" is that an optional final payment, ie you can give the car back or extend the finance?

thats on the 182 by the way ( Lloyds website)
you either, give the car back, pay the final payment or trade the car in and use it as the deposit on the next car.

When doing this with reanult though unless you pay the final payment you are restricted to another Renault but if you buy from LLoyds you can order any car again so much more flexible.

Plus, you dont have to take lloyds finance, you can finance it yourself with a personal load or cash if you are rich.

I bought a Blue 182 cup with stripes from Renault main dealer - Wests of Cambridge about 3 months ago for £11,000 on the road, but I didnt have p/x and i had to wait about a month. I shopped around about 5 main dealers and others got very close to that.. Good Luck

renault clio 182 cup

Quote: Originally posted by StuH on 29 April 2005
Just picked my Cup up from main dealer in racing blue,£10095 and a 4 week wait! 

Did you mean £10995,if not thats the best price ever.