ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gordini 200....Yuk!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Renault are aiming for a totally different market with the gordini 200.

This guys just bought one iirc

ray%20charles%2005.jpg

Last edited:
I had a Mk1 FRS sold it last month after 6 and a half years, longest car I had, I have always had Fords etc. But the Gordini appealed to me. It has very good spec for the money.
But then tbh I only paid 17k for mine, not list price etc. It is used as a second car as we have our family oil burner. It s just mine for work etc. I like the stripes as there not as in your face
like other cars.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The spec is good, but so many issues with the looks! The stripes look out of place, the vents/mirrors/blade look appalling in white. The wheels, utterly horrid. And it's the wrong f'ing blue!!

The 200 is an ugly car. They've managed to worsen it somehow. I saw one today, just hideous. On the plus side, makes the normal 200 slightly more acceptable.

tbh i cant stand the 200 front end and as said alot above the white makes it even worse!

The wheels are g***. Too chavy and just look wrong on a car that's meant to be a lot classier than some chavtastic Corsa!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i reckon they should've stopped designing the clio after the 1*2's, maybe the r27.... but i do sort of like the gordini, and arent the wheels available in black/silver aswell as blue/silver? the stripes mint up close and from what i remember the interior looks quite good... but yeah, clios will never look as good as the mk2s :D

Nissan 350z
In this thread: Lots of butt hurt Mk2 owners trying to convince themselves their 8yr old Clio is still the best. :rasp:

But seriously as others have said i dont hate the Gordini, i just dont like the standard 2 tone alloys and the white bits (blade, mirrors). I suppose you could pull it off better with White alloys but you shouldnt HAVE to spec a certain way to make the car acceptable but then the same can be said about the 200s and their gash standard alloys i suppose, hence everyone spec'ing Black Speedlines lol.

In this thread: Lots of butt hurt Mk2 owners trying to convince themselves their 8yr old Clio is still the best. :rasp:

But seriously as others have said i dont hate the Gordini, i just dont like the standard 2 tone alloys and the white bits (blade, mirrors). I suppose you could pull it off better with White alloys but you shouldnt HAVE to spec a certain way to make the car acceptable but then the same can be said about the 200s and their gash standard alloys i suppose, hence everyone spec'ing Black Speedlines lol.
Oi oi... The standards are nice!!! ;)
And that is the reason why ive ordered mine with the standard wheels, as everyone else goes for the sheep look.

V6 255
I also notice that on RHD cars, the stripes are on a different side to the ones on the car. Even worse!!

1,000,000% rrrrubbish.

I assume they're gonna sell a lot in Europe where there's no taste, so the stripes are designed to run through the car on the left and the steering wheel reflects that. They don't really care about us so just slapped a RHD interior in with their LHD wheel

LY 200
I read on EVO that if you spec the cup chassis its over £20K RRP lol

Mental.

Yes! One in my local dealership the weekend was £21600!

I didnt like them in the pics i had seen on t'internet but really liked it in the flesh.

The interiors very nice (nicer than Recaro's) and it has that special feel to it that a normal 200 doesnt have imo.

197 FF Glacier White
I reckon if the alloys were a bright silver rather than silver/blue it would look awesome.

IMG_1305.jpg

I like, but I'd have to sort those wheels! Apart from the wheels and the Chav stripes it looks fairly normal on the outside!

Mini Cooper S sport
Urrghh, do not want!

It just looks messy! Nothing matches, the blue, black and white combination really doesn't work and the wheels are over fussy. There's just too much going on.

Simple is better.

Definitely designed by Stevie Wonder.

Rusty Cup
I drive past one most days on my way to work and think the same thing everytime i see it... Gash!! it would be a white one with black wheels all day long for me.

Clio sport gordini
Everyone is entitled to there opinion, TBH i got mine cause it was a bit different, and seeing that all i seem to see so far is "white with black wheels" its good that its different.
The wheels are great and look good (in my opinion) and at the 2 track days ive done already. (bedford & oulton park) they go down really well with people that like to drive there car hard on a track, (not in a straight line or around streets)
My first Clio and hopfully not my last as i love it.
Like i said everyone has there own taste and im sure i will have many arguments about why there great. (first post by the way)

LY 200
It does but cant believe they still kept the interior the same colour combo.

How much is it up for out of interest?

Iceberg 172
I've got Recaros (so it wasnt said out of jealousy) but given the choice i would take the Gordini leathers and interor all day long.

I take it you've been in one to hold the opinion that it aint all that?

I wasn't being arsey!!!

I've sat in a fair few Recaro's CS'd cars and I've sat in the standard 200 seats which I thought the Gordini had, just retrimmed in leather????

I may be wrong and sorry if I am! As I say, I wasn't being arsey!

LY 200
I cant quite remember what the the standard leather looks and feels like but the seats in the Gordi felt more buckety than the standards.

I might be wrong but i liked it anyway.

Clio sport gordini
I have a gordini in the "horrible blue" as everyone likes to call it. But i will say that white is lovly, however not sure i would pay the premium for it, cant remember the price but think it was over a k, An 16 for brand new is well cheap. Think mine was 20+ and thats got all extras except white paint and sat nav.
And thanks for the welcome stan182.

I always thought the point of a gordini was to stand out from the crowd, that from afar just looks like a standard 200 with racing stripes IMO.

At least the blue allows you to stand out from the crowd.