ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got £450 to spend on HU.. HELP.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

I am thinking of getting the one of these: SONY M9900, SONY MEX 1HD OR ALPINE CDA 9833/35.

The SONY MEX 1HD I can get from ebay (LINK BELOW)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39763&item=5741007666http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39763&item=5741007666

I havent got a clue which 1 to get :confused:..

I might go for the SONY MEX 1HD as it has a 10GB HD and I can burn cds to it instead of changing cds in cd changer..

Help needed.. Cheers ;)

[Edited by the1 on 01 January 2005 at 3:53pm]

Clio Sport 172

ive got the 9900 one really good head unit defo improvement from my alpine one cva 1004 only problem is you cant remove the front pannel they give you some cover for it

Anyone got any PICS of there HU WORKING.............

As reguards the TRANNY idea NOOOOOOOOOO...:sick:

[Edited by the1 on 01 January 2005 at 4:53pm]

too right! ipod interface is only like 60 notes or somet & is bloody wicked!

no other headunit on the market has this!

Only 2 units in that price range worth owning with SQ as an option

Nakamichi CD400

Becker Mexico Pro 793(x)

both units look very dull, but are 100% focused on sound quality, if youre after a max power style all flashy lights and no quality, then look no further than sony, kenwood or jvc, the above mentioned alpine 9835 is a good unit, but IMHO not worth the extra over the 9833, and pioneers 9600mp is a good unit, but the sound lacking in warmth compared to similarly priced units

hope this helps

Cheers Guys..

I was thinking of getting the Alpine 9833 over the 9835 because I like the display more and there isnt much difference between the 2 apart from price...

Its my birthday on the 5th of Jan (Ill be 22), so I might go to Halfords and have a look there...

[Edited by the1 on 02 January 2005 at 8:37pm]

[Edited by the1 on 02 January 2005 at 8:38pm]

clio si dti

alpine or for pure crisp sound quality definately get a nakamichi nakcd400 looks a bit bland but did win the Total Car Audio Magazine Awards 2003 - Best CD Unit Over £400

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by the1 on 02 January 2005
Cheers Guys..I was thinking of getting the Alpine 9833 over the 9835 because I like the display more and there isnt much difference between the 2 apart from price...

That is the same reason I picked the 9833, nice unit chuffed with mine.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

9833 all the time.

Ive had one from release day! its pukka

yeah the only difference between the 9833 & 9835 is the fancy display and moving animations that the 9835 has got, if u dont need that then theres no point in getting it!

however i have the nak cd 400 & i think its fooking quality! looks standard so doesnt get nicked, lights up orange so suits my dash and sounds the bollox!

ye i have a nak as well went for it for the sound quality not the look although as conner says it looks to dull to nick which can be a bonus

Polo + Micra

remember you will have to buy a seperate dvd player to go with that if you want to watch dvds

id spend the extra to get the 6500 over the 6400, but its your choice

as dink says, it all adds up when you try to get multimedia in the car, which is why i prefer to keep it audio only

are you after appearance or quality??

K20 EG Hatch

what about the new panasonic 4x70watts cdq98000 with mp3/wma,

built in amp!!

bass junkies use the same hu for the jl audio display!!!!

word of advice, anything bass junkies do, ignore it, they are muppets

and no, the pana unit is poo, its hardly likely to be a decent amp as there is no chance of being able to cool the unit down, and the quality, as per panasonic, is awful, still not heard a decent unit of theirs

alpine are slowly reducing quality of their units, not in sound, but mainly in build, ive seen quite a few units where the separate components dont quite piece together as they should, sound quality id good, but nowhere near the best

problem with the lower end multimedia stuff is that they concentrate so much on the av side of it that they forget about the lil things like playing music cds etc so the sound quality deterioates!

if u want an all in one with good SQ (which i assume u would want as ur looking at spending 450 on a HU) then the Alpine 300R is fooking quality but about 1200 online...

If i were u, id be looking at either the alpine 9833/35, nak cd400, becker equivilant or pay more & get an alpine all in one jobby.

problem with import tax is its often far worse than you 1st think, 9 times out of 10 you end up paying around 50%, as you have handling costs etc in addition to the 17.5% vat

not to mention the fact that it is an unbranded product, you never know what sort of quality you are likely to be buying

id avoid it like the plague personally, £400 unbranded unit + p&p, add another £170-£200 for additional costs and it doesnt look such a good deal as it was initially

Cheers mate :eek::D I didnt realise it could cost so much extra..

I pre-ordered the Sony PSP (Value Pack + Ridge Racers) from Hong Kong which I worked out to be around £330. When it got delivered through UPS they wanted an extra £69 for import charges.. I didnt know as this was my first time of importing. (OFF TOPIC: the PSP is mint);)..

it does often vary, you can get items through customs without any charges, other times they check contents of the package, and you get stung for all the handling costs and the import duty

i can sell you the alpine cda93835r brand new in the box delivered for £530 which is a saving of £70 on retail price and is delivered to your door. or the cda9833r for £435 which is a saving of £65 on retail price. Or if you would like the sony cdxm9900 for £440 which is a saving of a massive £110 on retail price, all including delievery! I have many more headunits for sale. For more information contact me on mailto:plattsy2k4@hotmail.com">plattsy2k4@hotmail.com and i will be happy to help. But in my opinion i would prefer the alpine one but thats just me. Look forward to hearing from you,

Craig

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

As this is not "for sale" im free to call you dick turpin.