ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got a Ktec Stealth on the way...

clio cup 172
My exhaust was banging a little under the car, so got under as you do and the welded on clip on the back box came off in my hand. Bugger I thought, then i realised this was just the excuse I needed for my missus to understand why i needed to spend money on a new exhaust! So ordered the Ktec stelath - hopefully not to rude as i faaaaar to old to be a boy racer - and am getting it fitted Sat. as long as it arrives in time!:D

Went on Youtube listening to exhaust sounds, which my wife did not understand and thought I was a real sad b*stard!

So I am quite excited now!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
A few weeks ago my backbox decided to fall off on the M3 :dapprove:

So i had a ktec stealth fitted. i'm very happy with it, quiet when crusing at motorway speeds, and a nice roar on B road blasts :)

Iceberg 172
Excellent, I'm hoping my original is going the same way soon. MOT in 4 weeks, think I'll get 'em to have a good poke around to see if they can break it :D

Out of interest, what sort of place are you getting to fit it for and how much is fitting costing?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent, I'm hoping my original is going the same way soon. MOT in 4 weeks, think I'll get 'em to have a good poke around to see if they can break it :D

Out of interest, what sort of place are you getting to fit it for and how much is fitting costing?

I had mine fittted at Ktec, all in inc for under £400.

clio 172, pulsar, evo
you'll love the stealth- looks standard so it doesnt bam up the car and it makes a very acceptable sporty tone. It was slightly louder than i expected on idle and isnt too droning on the motorway but again a little louder than expected.
Revs felt smoother and more flowing.
enjoy
:cool:

clio cup 172
local garage is fitting it for me for £30. He also had to buy a new rear clip as the old one snapped off with the exhaust... what a pity:approve:

PH1 172 Sport
It's not what I would class as quiet but its not a chavy sound. Is a bit dronny on long journeys but it sounds great when giving it some beans!

PH1 172 Sport
Yeah I find that too. Don't get me wrong I love it but its not as quiet as some people think it definately supprised me the first time I start the car!!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I find they can be as quiet as you want them to be.

Light throttle opening, low revs, and no one would know you'd changed a thing.

Full throttle, high revs, and they scream/rasp/make your ears bleed.

Perfect.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I find they can be as quiet as you want them to be.

Light throttle opening, low revs, and no one would know you'd changed a thing.

Full throttle, high revs, and they scream/rasp/make your ears bleed.

Perfect.

Agree its amazing how the sound differs with tiny changes in throttle.

clio cup 172
I will let you know today what it sounds like. Thanks to Youtube for helping me decide - was that your video I saw on there Markcup?

put a decat on my Mk2 Stealth yesterday and it's hellishly noisy - embarassingly so.
i know it's difficult to judge from videos but it seems much noiser than Mark's vid.
it'll be coming off once i've had the cat bellmouth refaced (it's blowing and thought i'd try a decat to see if that 'fixes' it).

it does sound lovely with the cat on though. no noisier than the OE system at cruise/part throttle openings and pleasantly sporty at full throttle, without being OTT

03 RS clio 172 flameR
damm i want a ktec so bad, fitting will cost you £20-30 MAX, at any normal garrage.
or jus fit it ya self, easy they custom made for the car so it fits in all the hooks etc, to pins out the downpipe, bish,bosh,bash and its jobs a guddun.

clio cup 172
yes Mark it was that video that convinced me to buy it. Sounds like an angry beast when I started it. Acceleration is pretty cool sound now! And down changes heel and toeing are awesome. Now have a knocking under the car under very hard accelration - worse with on off action - so me and the ex - renault mechanic decided at somem point i need to change the dog bone and other engine mounts! Bloody money pit cars sometimes. Need new tyres in a few months to!!!!!

Iceberg 172
Mine's arrived today, but haven't got time to get it fitted till Tuesday :dapprove: Bummer.

Papman - how you finding yours noise-wise now?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
This sounds like my exhaust. Came with the car and all I know is its stainless steel.

Any markings or numbers on it to confirm its a KTEC when I look at it tomorrow?

Iceberg 172

Ha ha forgot I wrote this!

They did :D