ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got A New Car, But........

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Most people don't like them :(..

I traded in my TF160 for a 2005 ZR 105. I know everyone hates MG's for there K-Series Engines & Head Gasket Failures, but after owning my TF for 2 years and having not 1 problem in that time (including non-starts) I thought I would try a ZR for practicality & economy. TBH I didn't really get a good trade in deal on my TF, but needed to sell asap as the 4 year Service & MOT were both due at the end of the month and in all honesty I just couldn't afford it.

So I went along to my local Evans Halshaw and came across a nice looking ZR :).

Here's the TF160 I traded in:

04092007292.jpg

24082007287.jpg

24072007263.jpg

21052007213.jpg

& here's its replacement (bearing in mind that the fotos are Evans Halshaw's own as I only picked it up yesterday & its been pouring with rain ever since):

GetImageaspx.jpg

GetImageaspx2.jpg

GetImageaspx3.jpg

GetImageaspx4.jpg

Like I said most people on here hate MG's due to there build quality & Head Gasket Failures, but I really like the ZR tbh & will be looking forward to saving between £100 & £150 a month ftw :).

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
looks like a rover 25 with a bodykit ;)
jokes i quite like the look of them,
but prefer the older ones,

ull never get good trade with mot due,
especially a convertable in the winter too :(

Cheers for that link ftw :)...

Yeah atm I am not that bothered about making it faster or anything tbh. The reason I got rid of the TF was in part due to running costs & insurance (even though I am 26 & have 5 years ncd). Wanted something with a smaller engine as I only do 4k miles a year and it got stupid having the TF.

IMHO after owning a brand new Clio 1.6 16v ph2 with xenons, MG TF & now ZR. There all basicly the same never had a problem with either cars tbh. I could have afforded an Evo 7 or STI, but whats the point in having something that just costs more to have the car stood around most of the time?.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I didn't think it possible, but you've actually bought a car that is worse than your MGF.

Thats some talent.

I didn't think it possible, but you've actually bought a car that is worse than your MGF.

Thats some talent.

Actually its a TF!. You know it makes me laugh people on hear, Renaults are French and tbh not much better than MG's & Peugeot's of this world. All cars break down, but like I have said I don't want a sports car which is why I never bought one. Yes it maybe "MG", but I am no badge snob and no Michael Schumacher either!.

Put it this way I enjoyed driving the TF more than the Clio in every respect, Soft-Top down listening to the Quad exhaust ftw :). The only reason people have fast cars is to show off imho & should only be needed for overtaking!.

Should have got something decent. MG's are poopy
Nothing wrong with them.

There nothing wrong with the k series though great engine bad instalation and servicing is the issue

I'd have been tempted to keep the convertable least till summer for more money

a burnt one
Cheers for that link ftw :)...

The reason I got rid of the TF was in part due to running costs & insurance (even though I am 26 & have 5 years ncd).

I could have afforded an Evo 7 or STI, but whats the point in having something that just costs more to have the car stood around most of the time?.

:S:S:S:S:S

182 has now gone!
Actually its a TF!. You know it makes me laugh people on hear, Renaults are French and tbh not much better than MG's & Peugeot's of this world. All cars break down, but like I have said I don't want a sports car which is why I never bought one. Yes it maybe "MG", but I am no badge snob and no Michael Schumacher either!.

Put it this way I enjoyed driving the TF more than the Clio in every respect, Soft-Top down listening to the Quad exhaust ftw :). The only reason people have fast cars is to show off imho & should only be needed for overtaking!.

Lol... When I tell people I had a TF135 before my Clio, I always get asked if I had probs with it. Truth is I didnt. Not once, I only traded it in for the clio as I needed a car with more space,

I still like the look of them now and do miss having a convertable in nice weather.

What made you choose this mate, its an interesting choice.

Liked the look of the mk2 ZR tbh and had it brought up from Wrexham to my local Evans Halshaw for a test drive and really liked it. Yes I was expecting it to be slower (its a given) then my TF160, but its been looked after :).

Am looking to make look similar to this members car on mgzr.co.uk:

S1050119-1.jpg

S1050260.jpg

Does anybody recognize these decals??..

pic6reszied.jpg

Trophy #490
:lolup: Christ, that one with the Trophy decals! I'd love to pull up by the side of him in mine to see his face! Is that one of those 'ZR Trophy' models though?

I don't mind ZR's if I'm honest. Always had a soft spot for them. I'd never own one but still, they aren't that bad. The 160 is the only one to have though really.

If I were you, I'd of bought something like a S2 106 Rallye or a 106 GTi. Maybe even a Phase One 172?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Absolute shite.

Awful looking cars and only made worse by chavs putting stickers on them.

Oh and trophy stickers.fpmsl

I like them tbh, but everyone to there own. As long as there not ott decals/vinyls can look nice imho.

Evo
Only problem i have with these cars (if a little stereotypical of me) is that everyone who drives them thinks they're the stig.

The zetec syndrome lol...