ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got caught speeding

last night wanted to prove to my mate that i had the quicker car we are now looking at a 6 month ban gutted now my misses is going to have to drive me about ive only had the car a month...

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Where did you get caught? In town or summing,or were you flashed?

Track day would have been a better idea!

182 Cup, (2nd one)

so who did have the quicker car?

and how fast were you going for a six month ban!

we had the faster car we were caught doin 120 then i slowed down 4 my mate 2 catch up and i let him pass me.

m4 swindon.....

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Lucky you just got done for speeding rather than racing.

Insurers do not like racing one bit.

RS4

nowadays, it cant be as fun as it used 2 be driving a fast car around, police cars around every corner, speed bumps, speed cameras everywhere, gotta hit take the anger out on a track instead:devilish:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ahhhh arse buddy. Know how it feels. I got done by a very sly mobile unit doing 90-something in a 70 having a blast with a mate. Needless to say I wont be doing that again!

:eek: fooking hell in my manor!! tbh there are loads of cop cars around locally, recently i live in fear of getting caught out its definately slowed me down a bit.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 02 July 2005

Unlucky mate - its alright for the rozzers to do 150 on the motorway for a "bit of practice" though.
Agreed its a p!sser mate!

But as you say, the cops seem to find it acceptable to 150+ etc, bloody dog w*nkers!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

LOL - I wouldnt say they are wan*ers to be honest - if your doing 120 and get caught its a fair cop.

Im not saying its right the coppers are doing 150 but its deffo wrong you doin 120!!!

Its just luck of the draw really - just got to be real carefull these days.

yeah saying that tho mate it was midnite no one about i can understand in the day yeah fair cop they are all w*nkers.....

Quote: Originally posted by alan&nicky on 02 July 2005

yeah saying that tho mate it was midnite no one about i can understand in the day yeah fair cop they are all w*nkers.....
I dont normally bother in posting much but what is it with the attitude towards the police on this forum? How can you class everyone police officer as a w**ker is beyond me. You are judging every other police officer on your probable limited experience with a police officer.

If you ask me you probably deserve whatever punishment you get. If I got caught doing those speeds I would also expect a ban but I would get on with it and understand that the police are just doing a job whether you like it or not.

Tim

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by Tim010 on 02 July 2005

I dont normally bother in posting much but what is it with the attitude towards the police on this forum? How can you class everyone police officer as a w**ker is beyond me. You are judging every other police officer on your probable limited experience with a police officer.

If you ask me you probably deserve whatever punishment you get. If I got caught doing those speeds I would also expect a ban but I would get on with it and understand that the police are just doing a job whether you like it or not.

Tim

Some coppers love their job a bit too much imo, they seem to like the power. Traffic Cops in Essex are a nightmare, its all down to this council getting all the profits from fines.

They pull you for any reason, love to give cars a once over.

Fair anough doin 120 deserves a ban/fine/whatever... take that on the chin, not all cops are w*nkers but there is a good percentage that could fall under that group.

Fair point Ferret as you put it across the problems you have had. It annoys me though when some people just call all police a w*nker because of their grievance with another officer.

Tim

The police only have themselves to blame for their reputation which is going to continue getting worse and worse.... especially with schemes such as the safety camera partnership and in north wales the new "star system" which encourages coppers to stop people.

I appreciate people have their opinions of the police which they are entitled to. However the point I am trying to get across is that why brand every single copper in the country a w*nker because of one persons bad experiences with a small minority.

And I bet the same person would have no qualms in calling the police and getting help when they needed it. Bit hypocritical if you ask me.

Tim

mk1 172

Traffic cops generally in my experience like the power trip, however being a biker, I have to say that bike cops are about the best coppers you are ever likely to meet

The most down to earth reasonable people I have ever had the fortune to deal with, mega respect to them

to be honest mate, you were doing 120, you obviously know the law (or found out at some point) because you have posted a likely sentence for the crime. ultimately you made a choice, im not sure how you can be gutted, you chose to put the pedal to the metal knowing the law, you get caught thats fair enough in my book. Thing is i think there needs to be common sense in speed limits, motorways have no pedestrians and times have changed 100 mph limit i wouldnt have a prob with. on the other hand, i wish the law would throw the book at these kids who drive at silly speeds in built up areas, some kid got caught doing 73 in a 20 near out local school, where my kids go. im pleased they gave him a custodial sentence but 6 months ago a mother was killed at the same spot on the road by an 18 yr old in a saxo VTS.. id commit murder if that happened to my family and its just silly that this can happen where there are kids about

mk1 172

everyone is forgetting something........you are lucky to have been stopped by the police, if you kept going you would have had more chance to crash the car and die a horrible painful death ! i know thats a bit harsh but its true !!!

slow down !!!!!!!!!

didnt know the law on speeding changed at night, at the end of the day you were doing 120mph and you have the cheek to call the copper a w**ker !!

in my opinion im quite surprised with your replies i would never put any one in danger it was the middle of the nite there was no one around my mate thought he had a chance so all i did was have a little blast to prove him wrong and then backed off i know i deserve to get a ban i know that but in the 4 years that i have been driving that was the only time i let myself go i have never been done for speeding ever or anything else its not like i drive 120 all the time so you are telling me that no-one here has ever gone over the speed limit as i said NO-ONE was about

Valver

im confused, so were they using a hand held device out the window or did they follow you, or use a stop watch?

you might want to have a browse at pepipoo.com and sign up to the forums, as youre looking at a ban might as well try everything to minimize the damage

Quote: Originally posted by Sami on 03 July 2005

im confused, so were they using a hand held device out the window or did they follow you, or use a stop watch?

you might want to have a browse at pepipoo.com and sign up to the forums, as youre looking at a ban might as well try everything to minimize the damage
they have built in speed detection too you know ??

Quote: Originally posted by alan&nicky on 03 July 2005

in my opinion im quite surprised with your replies i would never put any one in danger it was the middle of the nite there was no one around my mate thought he had a chance so all i did was have a little blast to prove him wrong and then backed off i know i deserve to get a ban i know that but in the 4 years that i have been driving that was the only time i let myself go i have never been done for speeding ever or anything else its not like i drive 120 all the time so you are telling me that no-one here has ever gone over the speed limit as i said NO-ONE was about

you say you would never put anyone in danger ??, but you were doing 120 mph !!!, what if someone ran across the road in front of you not realising what speed you were doing, then bang !!MANSLAUGHTER, or car pulls out of side road etc etc etc

clio sport mk1 golf

simple. Not all police are *ankers, and no disrepect doing those kinds of speeds you deserve to get a ban. Sorry to be so harsh you obviosuly read the highway code, you know the speed limits. SLOW DOWN. SAVE A LIFE< SAVE YOUR LIFE, And it also helps keep peoples insurance down if you crash at them speeds theres a chance your going to be a gonner. Ive seen too many crashes were people have gone a little too fast and paid dearly for there mistakes.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 03 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by alan&nicky on 03 July 2005

you say you would never put anyone in danger ??, but you were doing 120 mph !!!, what if someone ran across the road in front of you not realising what speed you were doing, then bang !!MANSLAUGHTER, or car pulls out of side road etc etc etc
why do manufactures make cars that can travel faster than 70mph. in fact given that poor traffic flow causes 90% of congestion why dont we have a fixed speed of 50 everwhere including villages and past schools but have the road sides with barriers and the crossings as bridges ? the cars could be limited to 50mph by the manufacturer and the lanes are separated by a barrier on every road so know one can overtake its one lane one way. that way people are fenced out of road areas and cars cannot overtake or speed.

perfect solution. that way you and everyone else who drives a car can be controlled and directed safely to your destination with no need to fear.

an adaptation of this in future it to remove the steering wheel and sensors located on the white lines of the center of the road and either side before the pedestrian + lane separating barries can guide safely at 50mph without the drive needing to press the brake or turn the wheel as distance sensors will do this for you.

perfectly controlled. neat and tidy.

going fast is F*in amazing lets be honest but you need to know where to do and how long to do it so you dont get carried away. this guy tried to setup a scenario where it was safer yet was still caught. unlucky i say, nowadays you have to be out around 11.30-12pm to avoid traffic cops and obviously not speed in built up areas or try to race.

get a good lawyer.

if you have no points so far you may get off with 12 points etc, but then, you might want the ban, rather than the points hanging over you.

did you admit to it etc?

/y0z

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

The cops are the w**ker in this case....You deserved it big time. 120Mph is Crazy and dangerous, regardless of what time of nite it was. I got pulled for 84mph on the motorway 3 points and £60...Same crime. I accepted it and neva once called the cop a w**ker!

If some1 broke into ur car and keyed it etc...Whod be the first one youd call!

Point made?