ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got caught speeding

M^ toll road 3am and empty - or so i thought

Give it some juice - notice the faintest light behind me so lift off. Few minutes later im still drifting down to 60mph and get the UFO lights in the rear view.
VASCARd at 90.68mph average over 2 miles. As id spent that deccelerating im quite chuffed with the 3 points. The policeladyperson advised i dont appeal.
Fair enough.

:oops:

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by phoenixy on 01 July 2005

wot was the speed limit on the road?

did you get a fine aswell?
i would imagine its 70 seeing as it was on the M6???

m6 toll is 70mph

average of 90mph is 3 points

advice of not to appeal, probably means they have footage of over 100mph

nice that people can take points on the chin

Lee

BMW M2C

Its a 70 limit on there.

They are policing it quite heavily now. When it opened the local McDonalds lot were using it for racing. Maybe now its £3.50 to use it they wont be able to afford too. lol

It is 70 and i can confirm the stats for the 182 as i was advised they were doing in excess of 150 at one point to catch me.

As a footnote, after all the formalities were done with, the driver asked what engine is in that? When i replied, he nodded and said nice bit of kit.

don't

150 wtf, to catch up with you they had to, bet they loved that

lucky if its just 3 points on that one, could have been a bad one

Same thing happened to me on the Toll 3 weeks ago. 6am in the morning .. Not a sign of life.. Looked in my rear view mirror ... Nothing.. Back watching the road... Look up again and there they were lights ablazing right on my arse..

Put my hands upto it .. made my apologies... Was told i was averaging 118mph over 2 miles. Told me that if it wasnt for the fact i was controlled in my driving he would of banned me.. 3 points and a £60 fine..

The only thing i was annoyed at was the fact i had just lost 6 points off my licence 6 days earlier that had been on it for 4years lol

cock mobile.

118!! You were damn lucky mate!

If I get caught doing that hope I get as lucky as 3 points!!!

attitude test sean, apologetic is the key

was more than likely put down on the sheet as 99mph, same as darren suffered in his works transit

if you get arsey with them, they are bound to put down the real speeds and take you for all your worth

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 01 July 2005
i think in Scotland over 100 = automatic ban, no points... depends on the rozzer i guess

pretty much anywhere in the UK is, but when youre caught by a cop, they at least have the ability to see the driving style and conditions of the road/weather unlike cameras, therefore at their discretion, the speed they caught you at could change ;)

172, Tiguan

I think we all get carried away on motorways now and again, I know I do. If we get caught its bad luck and as Bryan says you just have to take it on the chin.

I totally agree bryan. Its all about how you treat them. Ive never been one to mouth off at them.. If you get caught .. you get caught. Not alot you can do about it....

Its that god damn toll road ... It invites you to bang the arse off your car imo.. lolol

172 ph1

Apologetic with no ridiculous excuses is definitely the way to go.

Did they offer to show you the footage?

Quote: Originally posted by skinner on 01 July 2005

Apologetic with no ridiculous excuses is definitely the way to go.

Did they offer to show you the footage?

Yeah.. I just said that there was no need. Didnt want to rock the boat in any way what so ever after they mentioned 118mph lolol.

Policing the M6 toll is easy money really. The surface is like glass, and at that time of day they know that ANY car they see is going to be speeding.

same as covkid - 4 points just about to drop off (for 101 on the m180 3 years 11 months ago).

im going to live8 later - early morning and THAT road... cruise control this time me thinks

Clio 182, Audi A3

notice the faintest light behind me so lift off

How far behind were they when they clocked you?