ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my 172 Saturday!

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Woohoo!!

Finally got my Silver 172 yesterday. You may already have seen it on here as I bought http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=115876&SearchPagePosition=1&search=RafChandler&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Author&forum=16&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=SearchRafChandler s! - For the bargain price of £7800 as well! I had my heart set on Monaco blue for a while, but changed my mind overnight being a fickle git. Should be easier to keep clean anyway!

Very happy with it. Drove it back from Leeds, then over to Wolverhampton and back and the pull in all the gears is amazing compared to my 306DT!! Great power kick when you get to 5000rpm too.

I murdered some chav up to 80mph in a Saxo VTS on entering the carriageway:
My face = :D His face = :confused:

Filled her up with BP Ultimate - 91.2p!! Cost £35 to the top, which is just under what my 306 used to cost and according to the trip meter it is good for about 400 miles. Is this realistic? Its bloody good if true! I used to get just over 450 miles from my Pug and that was a diesel.

Driving position is good and extremely comfortable, though the seat doesnt go back far enough to my liking. Im only 58" but my knees still come up near the steering wheel. Im sure Ill get used to it though. Clutch is very very smooth as well. Raf mentioned they are hydraulic not cabled.

I can see myself having lots of fun in this car, and it should give my cousins new Civic Type-R a good run for its money! Bring it on!

you wont get 400 miles from a tank, unless you drive at the most econimical everywhere, you should get between 200 and 300 i would think, mind you i have noticed my 182 is getting better mpg than my cup ever did, i.e 200 miles and still just under half a tank left (from full)

a little tip is dont trust the trip computer about anything, or the oil meter for that matter

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Toypop - I did adjust the steering wheel yes, but where it is comfortable for my arms and view is just too low for my legs. Its not actually touching, but when I have to clutch or brake then its very close.

I have to pivot my ankle all the way up and sometimes move my leg back a bit to get off the clutch too. Like I said Itll take a short time to get used to it after having more leg room and stiffer pedals in my 306.

172cup_nut - Cheers, didnt think so!