ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my car back...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I finally got my car back today after being promised it in 3 seperate timescales (which according to the insurance approved garage were never provided)... The reason it was late is because they fixed the wheel which I told them not to but again not noted, so never said. They have returned the car which has been off the road since last night 1/4 tank of petrol lighter. They were smart enough to reset the odometer but the trip computer gives me an average of 10mpg!!!! in a 1.2!! thats some serious abuse. The boot is a mess, they have secured the spare wheel properly and have dumped my pheonix gold sub and amp ontop of the unsecure wheel. In short, never ever go to H Sampsons in Bolton, the worst customer experience I've had in a long time, and the worst ever for my car!!!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
a car idleing could give 0mpg also couldn't it as it isn't actually moving? or am i being dumb?

133/225/CLS AMG
I wouldn't worry about the MPG as it may have been sat there just running, which would give you a lot lower MPG. My Megane will sit there in traffice and the MPG will drop right down just coz I'm not moving.

I'd have a moan about the state of your boot though mate, they should have taken care.

I had a sub and amp in the boot of my 172 and they took that out to get to the spare and put it back as it was before!! Some places take no care!! :(

Mustang, S13, AX GT
it gets better, I finally got round to sorting out the boot and the screw to hold everything in place is bent, which kinda explains why they left it in such a mess. also the trackings wrong, when I hold the wheel straight it veers right, when I let go of the wheel it veers left?? Going back in today to get them to sort it all out.

Clio 1.2 16v
Kneel said:
it gets better, I finally got round to sorting out the boot and the screw to hold everything in place is bent, which kinda explains why they left it in such a mess. also the trackings wrong, when I hold the wheel straight it veers right, when I let go of the wheel it veers left?? Going back in today to get them to sort it all out.

Youre a brave guy

dumb question time: why does MPG go down when its left to idle?

thought as the engine has no load on it it would go up?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
They've agreed to take it on tuesday and fix it :) might have to point out the crease in the roof I've just noticed, which is kinda scary...

Clio MK3 1.6 Dynamique
yorkie said:
dumb question time: why does MPG go down when its left to idle?

thought as the engine has no load on it it would go up?

Well the slower I go, the more MPG I get, I was doing 80mph on the motorway last night, and it droped to like.. 29.9, coming through town at about 30/35mph, it was 34.5mpg

and funnily enough, when sitting in traffic... it goes up... strange

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it is MILES per GALLON. if you are not moving you will do 0 mpg.

obviously it uses little fuel when idleing so it may go up if you've been spanking it.