ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got My Clio Sport and im Seventeen!!! :D

Engles Mummy
I was 18 when I got a cup and now I'm 19 with a vee.

Whoopee-doo! Clearly too much money or rich and senseless parents... My God! A £26k car at 19... You'll have nothing to look forward to!

(And your parents clearly don't like you, as you are driving a very powerful car with very little driving experience. And that, my son, is a fatal accident waiting to happen.)

Jon1978

lol ah yes, I love you!

Sorry If I don't seem at all bothered buy your comment, I'm just to busy driving about in my veee baby :)

It's Hammer Time!

Can't touch this, do do do dooo do do do do, Can't touch this!

Ma ma ma ma, Music hits me so hard...makes me so oh my lord! Thank you...for blessing me!

Oh oh oh, to hot to handle!

Peace out, A TOWN....do do doo dooo bla bla blaaaa

Just beat it, beat it, beat it.

Ok that's enough, I think I've made my point now! whoooa!

Impreza P1
Whoopee-doo! Clearly too much money or rich and senseless parents... My God! A £26k car at 19... You'll have nothing to look forward to!

(And your parents clearly don't like you, as you are driving a very powerful car with very little driving experience. And that, my son, is a fatal accident waiting to happen.)

Jon1978

lol ah yes, I love you!

Sorry If I don't seem at all bothered buy your comment, I'm just to busy driving about in my veee baby :)

It's Hammer Time!

Can't touch this, do do do dooo do do do do, Can't touch this!

Ma ma ma ma, Music hits me so hard...makes me so oh my lord! Thank you...for blessing me!

Oh oh oh, to hot to handle!

Peace out, A TOWN....do do doo dooo bla bla blaaaa

Just beat it, beat it, beat it.

Ok that's enough, I think I've made my point now! whoooa!

Enough said well done adam put them in their place . JPandDeb all I have read is negative comments from you on every thread you have been on.

Previously you moaned about me being to young to drive a 172 cup and remarked I had only just come out of nappies.

Try being positive or something ;)

As for Subway you have not even seen him drive or know the fella so why don't you just drop it, he actually worked hard for that car and also his cup, try getting your facts straight before jumping in all guns blazing.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
...i normally just step on the brakes if i feel unsafe...

I wish you well and hope you have many miles of incident free motoring, but your comment above has illustrated just how much you have to learn about driving and car control in general.

If I were you I'd be booking up some form of advancded driver training as soon as possible, because unless you can understand and appreciate how a car behaves dynamically, and more importantly, how it reacts to your inputs, your approach I quoted above WILL result in you having an accident.

I'm not saying you'll be driving everywhere like a nutter, but to step on the brakes is very often the absolute last thing you should be doing to remain safe and in control, regardless of the speed at which you're travelling.

Happy motoring :)

clio 172 mk2
hehe its so funny how a thread this old has been reincarnated just from some recent posts lolol i think this thread deserves an award lol,
im pretty much sure the people who were intially around when it was created are justling back getting a good laugh out of it haha :p

BMW M3
Hope your enjoying your 172 Gib.

Take no notice of some of these, it took me 4 years until I bounced my 172 off a hedge into another one and nearly died. Just take it steady and realise your limits and your car's limits) are slightly below what you think they are!

:)

Mk1 1.2 & Mk1 172
They are not being hugely irresponsible, they know i am responsible and they actually know how i am, unlike you, you think im an idiot who will go speeding round gibraltar which there isnt much point because roads here are sh!t, you got to realise that stuff here in Gibraltar are different to the UK, we do not have never ending roads, here in Gibraltar its like a scalectrix track, you just go round and round the same route all the time, and you cant speed coz of traffic aswell....you need to realise that the UK isnt the world, fair enough you live there and it is rather big, but look at America, Dubai and some parts of Spain, people getting R32's at the age of 16 in america, a guy in la linea i know is 19 and has a V6, its not being irresponsible, its being able to afford it, and enjoying it!

No matter who you are or where you live giving your child a performance vehicle as their first car is irresponsible!!! Filling it full of powerful sound system is then just plain stupidity!

When someone passes their test all they have is a bit of paper that means they can drive a car on the road, they don't know how to drive that is something you never stop learning and only experience can teach it. That's not an opinion, that's a fact!

No matter how responsilbe etc... you think you are a performance car is dangerous because it allows you to go round a corner 50% quicker than you would in a standard 1.1. I'm not talking about balls out 10/10ths driving just at normal speeds you will naturally go down a road quicker because your car corners much faster etc...

To danger comes from the fact that when you come round a corner and there's something in the road your doing 45mph in a 172 whereas you'd be doing 35mph in a 1.2 Fiesta. You havn't been doing anything wrong, you've not been pushing the car anywhere near it's limits but because of what the car is you are suddenly in a situation you've never been in before and you jump on the brakes, lose the backend and crash.

Someone with 10 years experience will come round the corner see the obstacle, look for a safe exit point, apply the right balance of braking/throttle and steer around the obstacle.

This isn't targetted at you specifically this is a generalisation. Ask every person with 5 years + driving experience and I bet they will say something similar. When I was 17 I thought I was a driving God, I now know I'm a competent, fast driver but it's taken me 8 years a couple of crashes and some very close calls to get there and if I'd been given a 172 when I passed my test I'd probably be dead now so I should thank my parents for putting me in a 1.1 (I still crashed it)!!!!!

I have to say I agree with everything you say. (Are you a bobby?). I had my first "own" car when I was 21. It cost £800 and I saved up and bought it myself. It was a Metro Turbo. My parents were vehemently against the idea.
What worries me most is the fact that young inexperienced drivers do not realise the mechanics (the physics, if you like) of driving. It is something you learn.
This is what happened to a friend of mine... fortunately he lived to tell the tale. He is 29 with a lot of driving experience, and he was a little over zealous with a bend at speed. Part of the reason he walked away was the car's safety features... but a lot was to do with driving EXPERIENCE and knowing what to do to make a bad situation better!!!

m_3c52d8d98a792119a5334d3bbde81db4.png