ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got My Clio Sport and im Seventeen!!! :D

2008 VW Golf R32
Hey guys, im new to this, im from Gibraltar and im seventeen and i hope to get my licence on my 18th in December, Iv got my Clio Sport 172 just a few week's ago which i paid £6,500 for it, its got 32,000 Kilometre's on the clock and i find it a great car and its got very good performance! I have found this website which i think every one around seem's to be quite friendly. Im having problems deciding on which head unit to fit in the car and what audio system to buy, im thinking something american such as Kicker or Rockford Fostgate but it seems abit pricey...if any one could help me please let me know!!! I am also interested in ordering two recaro bucket seats at the front but i do not know to much information about it, i have seen a post in one of the forum's but i dont quite understand it, i would really appreciate it if some one can help me,
Thanx Guys! :D

E60 diesel powah
Hi mate, welcome to the forum! 17 with a clio sport! i wish i had one :( and am 20, will not attempt to answer your questions but someone will soon :)

2008 VW Golf R32
I guess i am alot luckier than what i thought, can some one tell me how to upload a pic onto the forum please :S

2008 VW Golf R32
Here is a Pic of my Clio sport.....

Clio1.jpg

2008 VW Golf R32
Iv got my insurance sorted, my dad owns a major supermarket here in Gibraltar so insurance wasnt much of a problem for £1300 a year which apparantley at 17 Is not a bad price, i am soon planning to change the rims as i have scratched them a little bit in learning how to parralel park, my instructor isnt very good and i am scared to spoil the car!! I hope to get a set of these rims, http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2178 but i dont know what size tyre's i would need, i would really appreciate if some one could help me out on that aswell, about the spoiler i don't think of removing it as in person it gives a good look to the car, not sure how it looks in a pic thou, will need to see what happens i guess!

2008 VW Golf R32
hmm, i guess i am lucky once again, when i go to UK for University, i hope to get a japanese car such as a Silvia S15 or an S2000, i have always loved the S2000 since i was young, will have to see if i actually get to University and if i can get the insurance!! need a driver's licence aswell :p

BMW E46 330i Touring
Insurance will be a lot more expensive in the UK than it is in Gibraltar!

Looks alright mate, change the wheels, lower it slightly and lose the spoiler and it'll be a good example. Those wheels on the KTR look good.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i agree insurance will be a dam lot more expensive over here, ive had my licence 2 yrs and 2 yrs no claims insurance on a 172 for me is over £2200

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Clio_gib said:
i have always loved the S2000 since i was young, will have to see if i actually get to University and if i can get the insurance!! :p

you are young my friend!!! lol take it easy in the 172, if i had one at 17 I would of wrapped it round a lampost, probably!

LY V6 with Recaros
Welcome to cliosport, lucky you having a cliosport at 17, my first car was a 1L nissan micra! Enjoy :)

Scirocco GT 210
A 172 at 17 eh? You must be loaded.

I didn't get my first car until I was 20! And that was a fiesta which had rust on it. Although now I'm an old man and 172 insurance is about £500.

£1,300 at 17? Just wait until you come to the UK!

you will get those wheels much cheaper than that if you shop about - try ebay for starters - if you get 17's go for an ET42 offset and a 205/40 tyre. loads will tell you to get an et37 but if you lower the car much they willrub the rear arches - get an et42 and you will have no problems - I found that out the expensive way!
kicker speakers and amps are good s**t mate - also have a look at cerwin vega, Focal and Im sure a few other will be suggested.
hope that helped

Monaco Blue Mk2
Mate, that is a fantastic insurance price. The wheels and spoiler ruin the car though IMO. Get some new wheels (don't go bigger than 16's IMO) and lower it with APEX -40mm. Pull the spoiler off and if you really want a different one on there get a cup or trophy/V6 spoiler.

2008 VW Golf R32
I bought this car second hand of my friends brother, hes had it for about for years, people in gibraltar do not know how to treat their cars thats why my car seem's to have stupid mod's on it, if you were to go on www.gibtuning.com you can see some example's of mod'd cars that drive around gib. About the car....my dad has agreed to pay for all my music equipment and head unit once i get my licence and the rims and the seats i wish to change as soon as i get my job, if i were to lower the suspension on the clio and install a heavy music system, wouldnt the wheels like touch the arches if i were to have 3 to 4 people in the car, please let me know as it would be a problem.....thanx

2008 VW Golf R32
Come to gibraltar!! It would be cool thou if one day when i get my licence i could drive up to the UK to one of your meeting's or something, it would be really cool to meet up with a few of you guys, there are only Two clio sport's in gib, one of them is mine and another one belong's to a smuggler who is 23+ and is going to smash his car one day.....could some tell me where to find a clio V6 spoiler ^^

Blue4Ever said:
Mate, that is a fantastic insurance price. The wheels and spoiler ruin the car though IMO. Get some new wheels (don't go bigger than 16's IMO) and lower it with APEX -40mm. Pull the spoiler off and if you really want a different one on there get a cup or trophy/V6 spoiler.

Lol i love the way you go on about changing the wheels as they ruin the car blah blah. So since when were apex springs any good LOL

MKIII 138
upseting thing is lookin at house prices and fuel and insurance over here everything is massivley expensive, wages mite be a bit higher but not much.

sucks over here

Abarth 500
taylor said:
i agree insurance will be a dam lot more expensive over here, ive had my licence 2 yrs and 2 yrs no claims insurance on a 172 for me is over £2200

why the hell are people insurance so expensive? im 24, 2 ncd, licence for 6 years and im only paying 600 quid on a 172.....goes to show how fucked up insurance is

RS Clio 200
17 - S200 - in the UK
no chance LOL.... most insurance companys wont touch you till ure 23/24 on an s2000

And the cheap insurance in Gib, is that cos you lot dont pay any tax? Id rather move to madrid and pay no tax, but i wouldnt say no to Gib LOL

GW RS200
Nice - took me till 30 to get an RS! I'd be looking to get it looking as standard as possible and would swap the wheels and spoiler if it was mine. That's just my taste tho! Have fun!

S.

2008 VW Golf R32
I dont think the insurance is so cheap because of tax, you benefit from tax when you buy cologne's clothe's ciggarettes etc, about the insurance im not so sure, i think i have got a good price on the insurance because my dad has millions of pounds worth of insurance under one company so if they were to tell him No, he can easily threaten them by saying i wish to move insurance group, this will make Norwich Union loose out on alot of money i guess so its as if they HAVE to insure me ifnot my dad will move insurance company ^^

Abarth 500
eh? you cant move insurance group, the car is in an insurance group not you......but if daddy can help them go for it...:rasp:

www.renparts.co.uk
Drive carefully. You will be really pleased with yourself if you get past your first couple of years driving without crashing, 172 is a powerful car for somebody young, for me lose the spoiler and get some standard wheels. But top motor mate you must be the envy of your mates.;) :p

Lionel Richie
Clio_gib said:
there are only Two clio sport's in gib, one of them is mine and another one belong's to a smuggler who is 23+ and is going to smash his car one day

a smuggler????????

2008 VW Golf R32
Yeah, a smuggler as in, he smuggles drugs from Spain into Gibraltar or something, dont know, not my interest to be honest :cool:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
r there any other 17-18 yr olds on here that hate this guy lol......no offence. christ i also jus had a bump so my insurence is goin up more, am gonna be in a 1.2 for the next 15 yrs lol

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
Cant be bothered to read the rest of the topic, but;

you're learning to drive in a 172, and are hoping to get an s2000 when you come to uni in the uk?

daddy MUST be a bit warm then lol