ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got My Clio Sport and im Seventeen!!! :D

2008 VW Golf R32
What do you mean by abit warm...hmm?? lol if i dont buy a car when i go to Uni, i will hope to buy one of the new BMW 335 Coupe's the twin turbo, not sure thou will need to see on the cash!!

hey i got my first 182 when i was 16...

but i crashed it along with my M3...

so i just bought another 2..

"money makes thee world go around...thee world goo arround.."

2008 VW Golf R32
lol i dunno much but the only thing that keeps going through my head is If you've got it, flaunt it.....:D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Hiya. You are one hell of a lucky 17year old! That's nice car you have there, I would agree to lose those wheels and spolier though. !6" wheels ( OZ Super T GT's or something like Team Dynamiics Equinox), and 30-40mm drop would be excellent.

To be honest, I think you are going to have to lower your sights abit when it comes to buying a car in the UK. Insurance isn't exactly cheap here and I suspect most insurance companys would refuse to insure you on such cars. I wish you luck in finding a car to your liking though. :)

RS Megane DCi 175
£1300 for a 172 @ 17! Good deal there mate. I suppose your insurance company assumes you'll never be out of first gear going off what the traffic is like in Gibraltar!
:clown:

Lol, mummy and daddy get you a new car eh. I think its stupid of them to get a 17 year old such a powerfull car if you ask me. Very irisponsible, i got scared a few times in my 1.2. 16v corsa when i first started never mind my cup.

2008 VW Golf R32
Nah they are not being irisponsible, they are being reasonable, i will not use the car that much in Gibraltar because of traffic and stupid laws.....the car will mostly be used in spain where speed limits are reasonable and roads are nice n big, and why's it stupid of them, i bet ud like the idea if you could drive a 172 at the age of 17:rasp:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Shaunbrass said:
Lol, mummy and daddy get you a new car eh. I think its stupid of them to get a 17 year old such a powerfull car if you ask me. Very irisponsible, i got scared a few times in my 1.2. 16v corsa when i first started never mind my cup.

its not stupid if they can trust you, im 17 and i doubt id kill myself in a 172 because i know my limits and am not that stupid to push a car past my limits!

RS Megane DCi 175
Clio_gib said:
...will not use the car that much in Gibraltar because of traffic and stupid laws.....the car will mostly be used in spain where speed limits are reasonable and roads are nice n big...

But the driving is shocking! lol
In my experience Spanish drivers are shocking, i.e dumping your cars wherever suits as long as you put your hazzards on! But it could've been the dog slow diesel Fiesta hire car just making things seem worse than they were. ;)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
lol, i would certainly push it to its limits, i mean at 17-18 and u get a 2.0 172 u jus now it is gona be ragged, because when u start drivin thats wat happens, and all the times u hear of young people with there new fast cars going round a corner too quick etc. Jus enjoy the car and be carefull. You are sooo lucky to be getting one so certainly dont waste it.

Clio_gib said:
Nah they are not being irisponsible, they are being reasonable, i will not use the car that much in Gibraltar because of traffic and stupid laws.....the car will mostly be used in spain where speed limits are reasonable and roads are nice n big, and why's it stupid of them, i bet ud like the idea if you could drive a 172 at the age of 17:rasp:

I wouldnt of even considered it, hence why i got a 1.2 corsa sxi that was brand new. For the price i could of easily afforded a 172 insurance was only 950. I was 18 when i got it, i prefered to get driving experience in a nippy car rather than a car that you could easily lose control in, in comparison.

You aint passed ya test yet anyway so good luck lol

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Clio_gib said:

dude,, forget a coffin.. theres no doubt i would be in a shoe box if i had that at 17.. geeze..

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Shaunbrass said:
I wouldnt of even considered it, hence why i got a 1.2 corsa sxi that was brand new. For the price i could of easily afforded a 172 insurance was only 950. I was 18 when i got it, i prefered to get driving experience in a nippy car rather than a car that you could easily lose control in, in comparison.

You aint passed ya test yet anyway so good luck lol

your wrong there, i think hes bought that too :p

2008 VW Golf R32
hahahaa well donee!!! :D lol jokes jokes, i havent even gone to do my theory test yet, dunno what im waiting for :S but hey about the clio, i know my limits and i know when to push it and when not to so its all good ;)

Insurance is fairly cheap, but then as already said you'll never get out of first round gib lol, and if you want to go for a blast into spain, I don't envy you quieing to get back into gib, most of the year round anyway, but then fuel is dirty cheap at bp down there:( swings and roundabouts

my driving experience in spain...

FAST...

HIRE CAR....

TREAT IT LIKE SHITE....

DRIVE IN THE OUTSIDE LANE WITH INDICATOR ON....(tells people to get out the way)

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
Clio_gib said:
but hey about the clio, i know my limits and i know when to push it and when not to so its all good ;)

In all fairness, you don't know your limits at all.
You don't even know how to drive yet, so I'd be careful with that attitude for the first year or two of driving.

Nyphur said:
In all fairness, you don't know your limits at all.
You don't even know how to drive yet, so I'd be careful with that attitude for the first year or two of driving.

agree, sound like a spoilt brat to me.

good luck with the tests and good luck driving

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
nah there is no way you are getting insurance on a 2.0 clio for that prce unless you are doing something dodgy ie putting it in your mums/dads name. you havent even got your licence mate and im older and have a year ncb and i pay that in a low crime area.

RB 182
You would never get insurance for a 172 over in England no matter how much you wanted to pay (ok maybe some exceptions) but my god if i had that as my first car i would most likely be dead by now. My 1.2 is nippy enough for me :eek:

Vectra :(
Clio_gib said:

If i had a 172 at 17 i wouldnt of drove it, too busy drinking obscene amounts of beer while at college and waking up next to girls that i couldnt remember the name of then, let alone now. You say it in such a way to almost rub peoples faces in the fact your 17 with a 172.

If i am honest mate its not a suprise people do this really. How many people get a new car from mummy and daddy when they pass. If you get a 172 for 5k and then insure it for 2k its still a saving of a few grand over say getting a brand new micra and insuring that. Its the new drivers in the brand new 1.2 litre cars that have the money ;) The new drivers in the cheaper yet more powerful cars as just statistics waiting to happen.

I dont agree with getting a 172 as a first car tho, you will never know the joys of driving such treats as 1.4 nova's and fiesta's without central locking like i had to lol!

Clio 172 Rep (SOLD)
for cheap 172 insurance you want to go with lloyds. i'm paying £600 for a 1.4 when i was 18. for a 172 its £1000. get aquote

MKIII 138
the country we live has many rich folk its the 4th richest country in the world !! only stupidly OTT countries with loads of oil can beat us.

think about the people who get bought audi TT`s (brand new) for their first car no matter what the age etc.. a clio isnt that expensive at all to some.

sure owning a car like that at 17 is nice but what about apreciating it by having driven much less capable and reliable cars like my 1.4 rover or 998cc polo that cut out all the time.

that funny saying today rings a bell "you have to slay dragons before you get to the princess`s"

meggerman said:
the country we live has many rich folk its the 4th richest country in the world !! only stupidly OTT countries with loads of oil can beat us.

think about the people who get bought audi TT`s (brand new) for their first car no matter what the age etc.. a clio isnt that expensive at all to some.

sure owning a car like that at 17 is nice but what about apreciating it by having driven much less capable and reliable cars like my 1.4 rover or 998cc polo that cut out all the time.

that funny saying today rings a bell "you have to slay dragons before you get to the princess`s"

exactly

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
im only 17 and drive a 1.2 clio but i still only started with a L reg 205, you need a old car to make mistakes in coz you are gona make mistakes, no matter how good you are wen you first pass

you will be fine lowering it mate with 17inch wheels as tlong as the offset is correct - mines low and has 17's and no rubbing at all