ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my first DSLR

Renaultsport Clio V6
Hi just a newcomer to DSLR camera's. I did photography at GCSE in school but not done anything since (15 years).

I saw a Nikon D5000 on eBay near me and won it.

£260 and it has 2 lenses (standard and zoom) not sure of the exact specs but they are 18-55mm and 55-200mm
tripod,
adobe elements 7
rubber protecting case and lens hood
carrying holdall
lens filters x3
2x batteries and charger
D5000 guide for dummies book
8G and 4G SD cards
All original boxes and manuals

Hopefully this is everything to get started

I did some research and the d5000 is not a really current model but I thought it was a fair price to pay for the opportunity to learn photography again.

I do want a wide angle lens sooner or later. Any recommendations?

Looking forward to using it and have found some useful tips on cliosport (photography section). Will get some pics up soon.

Renaultsport Clio V6
Yes I have found this out looking into them. I believe that the lens's are the key to the best picture's not so much the camera bodies. What do you think I will pay for a good one (eBay prices)

This is the thing I'm after

11.jpg

I paid £400 for my wide angle, it's cheap and cheerful, but far from perfect. Mine is a Tamron 10-24 and I personally, wouldn't recommend it. I now wish I'd saved that little more and got a Canon one...

Just sayin'...

I paid £400 for my wide angle, it's cheap and cheerful, but far from perfect. Mine is a Tamron 10-24 and I personally, wouldn't recommend it. I now wish I'd saved that little more and got a Canon one...

Just sayin'...

Can't you sell it on TalkPhotography and go for another mate?

And to the OP, I got a Tokina 11-16mm and absolutely love it! But again ,that was ~£450 I think.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My Sigma 10-20 is my fav lens. I'm pretty sure there is a Nikon one ?!

Sharp enough from f/8 for shots like that.

If you want any help, post pics up, pref from Flickr with the exit intact and say what you wanted to do achieve.

:)

I have to say a decent wide angle is what i am after next , i have the nikon 70-200 and a sigma 24-70 both f2.8's and was looking at the tokina f2.8 11-16 , however my new sigma 24-70 has impressed me alot , so may look at the Sigma 10-20 F3.5 HSM , off to the Masai Mara at christmas on safari so looking to take a full range with me .....

Are you sure you want to give it up so soon mate? It's as sharp as any ultra wide, in the central region, fractionally sharper than most! Yes its let down by it's corners but, I for one don't stick my subject in the corners! I have sold pictures taken with this lens and even had people comment on how sharp images taken with it are. Sharpness is 90% photographer and 10% lens.

Lol, your photos are damn good - I forget we have the same lens! Based on that, I will stick it out, I'm still a noob - so it's probably me...