ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my shooting boots back on...

TomS was kind enough to bring his V6 down last Sunday, and yesterday I popped down to Thruxton for 4hrs, so the camera has been well and truely dusted off for the first time since October last year. Ropey as hell, but great fun, which is a promising sign (even the lens held out, and even better than that...focused correctly at least 50% of the time :))...

A couple of the Vee...

821485844_PFqNo-L-3.jpg

821486637_r3Lwr-L-3.jpg

821487642_rHE6Y-L-3.jpg

and BTCC yesterday, Thruxton is fast becoming my favourite circuit...

826569102_kdbgE-L.jpg

826629994_xKziJ-L.jpg

826640136_Ahnmn-L.jpg

826616910_yTNvo-L.jpg

826620119_7DUM5-L.jpg

826624362_p8agu-L.jpg

826593288_E7Pgc-L.jpg

826636119_kYpZB-L.jpg

826612924_69W5t-L.jpg

Thanks for looking. More here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/Motorsport/BTCCTHR10

Last edited:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Good to see you back at it Chris! stunningly sharp pans there and the timing on the Giovanardi is spot on. :)

Have you processed the Vee shots a little bit more than usual? Seen them a few times now and can't help but feel that there's some sort of mapping going on? Might just be the overcast day though. Either way, great shots of a great car!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Awesome work! I was at those corners yesterday, but didn't have a media pass :(

Have you processed the Vee shots a little bit more than usual?

Yep probably a bit much, horrible light and had no filter so they looked pretty awful straight from camera. Played around to try and make them look reasonable but as always I hate the whole process of editing pics, so gave up!

I was at those corners yesterday, but didn't have a media pass :(

I've never felt the need for one (or ever had one) at Thruxton really, admittedly race day is quite busy though! I find most photographers at Thruxton congregate around the chicane complex at the circuit entrance, so the other angles are generally fairly quiet.

Cupra
What lens were you using for the Vee shots? Last time I saw an update from you, you had sold everything except for the big gun.

What lens were you using for the Vee shots? Last time I saw an update from you, you had sold everything except for the big gun.

I picked up a Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 Macro for just under £100 after I sold everything, so that's my 'catch all' lens for now. Bit ropey but does the job for Ebaying stuff etc.

Annoyingly (well, sort of!), I'm travelling around the US this Summer and Christmas, so I could do with the 50-150 2.8 and 10.5 Fisheye back in my collection really.

Oil Burner
There some cracking shots in here mate, a different selection to on Talk Photography?

The Ford Focus pan is stunning. You must have a stunningly clean sensor to use such a small aperture on such long exposures.

Top stuff mate.

There some cracking shots in here mate, a different selection to on Talk Photography?

The Ford Focus pan is stunning. You must have a stunningly clean sensor to use such a small aperture on such long exposures.

Top stuff mate.

Yup slightly different picks, the 6 limit on TP is evil!

Only got one lens I use, so cleanliness is no longer an issue! The auto-clean function is pretty awesome on the D90 though, noticed a blotch on Monday morning, flicked a switch and it was gone. Nice not to worry about shooting f22 though, makes life easier.