ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my Spoiler back from being Resprayed

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
i was just wondering shall i put merr polish on it of can i just leave it as it is

the bloke did say come back tomorrow and ill polish it up for you

Attachments

• 03052007084.jpg
    03052007084.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 03052007085.jpg
    03052007085.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 03052007086.jpg
    03052007086.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 03052007087.jpg
    03052007087.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 70

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yeah, it looks nice!

but never polish fresh paint. ever. especially with a cutting agent like SRP etc ...i've never used Mer so i don't know if it's very abrasive.

give it at least a few weeks to properly cure and harden. you could wax it if you're gentle and want some protection.

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
naa mer isnt abrashive its just to give it a shine really, i put some on and no red came off so thats alrighty then lol.

could you recommend a good wax?

Cheers for the Comments

Nathan

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
cheers for the quick reply will get some tomorrow after the blokey from the body shop polishes up the spoiler for me

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good point there from chris - watch the paint, might even of been an idea to take the spoiler off and leave it to 'cure'

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
it was advertised as a 182 spoiler i believe i bought it off someone on here, or ebay, i think they are the same as the dynamique one but aint they like a matt material (like the side strips i dunno lol)

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
i know its not a cup spoiler mate as i would have said it was a 182 cup spoiler lol, i know the cup spoiler has a rounded long red brake light

106 GTi
good advice chris ;) ^^...... spoiler looks nice pal ;)

Bad advice IMO!

yeah, it looks nice!

but never polish fresh paint. ever. especially with a cutting agent like SRP etc ...i've never used Mer so i don't know if it's very abrasive.

give it at least a few weeks to properly cure and harden. you could wax it if you're gentle and want some protection.

It is fine to polish new paint, chances are it will have been polished after painting. Most jobs need a light flat even on little areas and being polished after.

It is bad to seal or wax it unless advised ok by the painter. Would not use SRP on it though as it polishes and seals. Use a pure sealant free polish unless advised other wise.

If it has been baked properly it will be fine to polish/seal/wax. Ask the painter/bodyshop to be safe.

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
well i took it in to be polished today and he started on it and he was sanding it with an orbital sander im like wtf lol

come out nice tho

nathan

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
what the spoiler? 6 torx screws unscrew them with a size 15 torx bit (dont do it with the wrong size i learn that lol threaded the screwhead) then there should be 3 clips on it just give it a good tug and it should come off (no it wasnt meant to sound disgusting lol)

Nathan