ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got new clio how im useing the rest off the money

clio dci
hi got my new clio dci 65. going to get a full servse inc timing belt new filters inc k&N panlefilter oil change new disks & pads get some injector cleaner fill her up and get her remaped that all for now. didnt want to go down the replica road now i seen the light

mods over time will be:

coilovers

fully colour code

172 back bumper

rs grille

rs replica sideskirts

not sure what alloy wheels but i want 16s

(172 coversion by ktech)-aprently they dont do it with the deisels

Last edited:
wouldnt bother with injector cleaner will make no difference. While you are changing discs and pads might aswell put some aftermarket ones on, Brembo HC discs and Green stuff pads arent gonna cost you much more than OE items.

Rest of it sounds all good

Clio 182 cup'd
is it not an even bigger job than normal to convert a diesel to a petrol 172?! Buy a 172, save cash, and resale value will be greater.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
id just service it, decent oil, gearbox oil, brembo max disks, greenstuff pads, braided hoses and decent fluid.

then dci100 intercooler and remap :)

15" wheels with eagle F1s, coilovers

sorted :)

Turbo LY R27
God not another one :rolleyes:
Crack on mate waste your money, or BUY A 172!!!!

I take it your young. If you look at it properly your insurance will be high ok, BUT a 172 will be cheap to buy. I gaurentee that all the money you spent on the car, spent on mods, and spend on insurance coz with all those mods, your insurance will prob be the same as a sport.:dead:

Shed.
If you want to mod it then go for it.

Get a remap done of all things. Coilovers. All the exterior modifications are your choice tbh.

If you fancy getting down and dirty with it you could always start uprating the intercooler if you wanted but its a lot of dosh.

Personally, id of saved for a sport or a 1.6, not much of a diesel fan with them being 8 valves.

Williams 1
why bother tuning a dci65?

listen to all others save ur money, u wont even notice the difference with all them mods and would still get beat by a 1.1 metro

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol ^^ that is rong the dci are quick for what they are
ok they might beat a metro but there f***** against a corsa 1.2

im sorry but how is a remaped dci going to get beat by a 1.2 corsa? a 1.2 corsa has what 75bhp if its a 16v! a remaped dci, 100bhp+ and 3x more torque than the corsa, dreamer!

yes if your out for performance buying a 172 is the best option but if your looking for cheap fun then you wont really beat a dci dynamique!

ive said it many times before my old 1.2 16v was much more fun than my 172 to fly about in! it just didnt have the power which is why i upgraded! the 172 will soon have 15" wheels though and it'll be much better than the 1.2 ever was ;)

Turbo LY R27
I think the point is cost tho. With what he wants to do its just silly. And no one will want to buy it come resale? 172s arnt as expensive as people think.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
172s are cheap now but they still cost the same ammount to run as they always have.

the DCI works out WAY cheaper when you consider the MPG difference, 18,000 mile services vs 12,000 miles, insurance, road tax, even tyres! lol

Lets face it, the guy will never do the 172 conversion, we all say things like that when we buy lower models and dont do it. So rather then just blazing him for saying he'd like to do it one day, comment on the mods he is ACTAULLY intending to do sooner

Turbo LY R27
172s are cheap now but they still cost the same ammount to run as they always have.

the DCI works out WAY cheaper when you consider the MPG difference, 18,000 mile services vs 12,000 miles, insurance, road tax, even tyres! lol

To be honest my 182 didnt cost me much more than my old 1.4 16v. There are the more obvious things like you say but long term not much.
They are not that bad, only if you treat it like s**t.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Save your cash until yuo can afford a Sport. Dont waste your cash only silly mods that make no difference, if anything you will de-value your car.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

To be honest my 182 didnt cost me much more than my old 1.4 16v. There are the more obvious things like you say but long term not much.

my 172 doesnt cost me much more than my 1.2 16v did either but it costs me a lot more than my mates dci costs him!

Turbo LY R27

my 172 doesnt cost me much more than my 1.2 16v did either but it costs me a lot more than my mates dci costs him!

Stop bein picky! lol worse than a woman lol:eek: Only jokin.

But to be fair if he was worried about cost he wouldnt mod it to such a crazy extent?? Just my thoughts, dont really care if he does it or not just think its pointless to waste the money on it. He said he wants a 172 so he might as well buy one. Like he said he wants an engine conversion anyway so its just silly. He will spend morer money this way and will have more problems than if it was all standard. :)