ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got the car mapped at last :) itbs,421, gen90

At last made it up to Steven gaults tonight 3 hours later and she's done , can't recommend Steven enuf most knowledgeable guy I've ever talked too and not hard to pay

Any ways hear is the dyno print out car is driving so so nice now :) might be hard to see in the pix but she made 210.5hp and 164.5lbft over the moon with that

anuqute4.jpg

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice result.

Youre in good hands with gault.

Is it him going to be doing you a cylinder head?

Did you spot his featherweight mini knocking about anywhere?

Nice result.

Youre in good hands with gault.

Is it him going to be doing you a cylinder head?

Did you spot his featherweight mini knocking about anywhere?
Thanks chip, yes he said he had done some f4r heads before and they worked well .
few minis knocking about and a s1600 saxo they built , think one of the minis was 1380 and was making 143hp iirc, he's just starting to fit his new engine dyno too

Good result. I'm hoping for similar from mine but with 428s.

What length are the trumpets and have you managed to maintain the slam panel?

Just what they came with man , I think on a different dyno over hear it would make more power but I'm not worried car gos great, slam is long gown lol
enyzuquz.jpg

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Good result. I'm hoping for similar from mine but with 428s.
428s are much milder than 421, so you wont get the same results unless you go to a much more generously reading dyno, in reality his will always make more power than yours is going to with the hotter cams in his.

428s are a waste of time on bodies really, 421 still drive extremely well, as do the engine dynamic cams which give similar figures, so I cant see the point in putting anything more mild in as there is no real upside really to doing so.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
428s are much milder than 421, so you wont get the same results unless you go to a much more generously reading dyno, in reality his will always make more power than yours is going to with the hotter cams in his.

428s are a waste of time on bodies really, 421 still drive extremely well, as do the engine dynamic cams which give similar figures, so I cant see the point in putting anything more mild in as there is no real upside really to doing so.

I was reading a thread where 428s made 190bhp! We'll see what happens. It'll be on rs tunings dyno and they're anything but generous...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It was Btm saying it - a little more credible than gumtree...

Millerin made 182bhp and 165lbft IIRC on a totally standard engine at Surrey Rolling road with just a filter/exhaust and JMS remap, some of these engines do just make particuarly good numbers, I wouldnt read into that though that if I fit a set of standard cams I will therefore also see the figures millerin made on his.