ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got the clio superchipped!

Red197

Got it done yesterday. Not so much a chip, it is more a RE-MAP. Feels good, bit more power at low revs. The cost, is it worth it??? Still not sure? but it does feel more drive-able. ;) Ill get it round the track soon and make sure it has done the job!

172 cup TT

Mines Schipped - feels great, but never known it normal... Maybe my (almost) 8k redline was what blew my old engine up :)

Clio 182, Audi A3

Ive wondered about chipping my 182. More low down power sounds good, top ends OK anyway.

Any obvious effect on mpg?

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Grandad on 09 June 2005

Ive wondered about chipping my 182. More low down power sounds good, top ends OK anyway.

Any obvious effect on mpg?
If you go for the R-Sport ECU youll get better MPG IIRC.

[Edited by 16vClio on 09 June 2005 at 11:04am]

ST

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_jon on 09 June 2005

r-sport wont get you better mpg as the pedal only works either fully down or fully up
Have you got one on yours mate?

ST

yeah love it too
It seemed to make the difference on my mates standard 172 anyways, well worth the money IMO.

What other engine mods have you got mate?

172 cup'd extreme

hill power ported inlet manifold, piper cams, decat , ecu, viper no power steering or aircon (makes it a little faster!) decat and full exhaust . not r/r yet as i crashed on the way to the lasts rolling road!

172 Cup

hill power ported inlet manifold, piper cams, decat , ecu, viper no power steering or aircon (makes it a little faster!) decat and full exhaust . not r/r yet as i crashed on the way to the lasts rolling road!

172 Cup

Its a bit extreme to remove the power steering.

Out of interest is this a 172 or a 1.2 were talking about?

172 cup'd extreme

1.2 with 172 conversion , i have the electronic power steering working now and i didnt crash coz i had no power steering i crashed because my front wheel fell off

ST

So quite a few mods then, what do you expect to get on the rollers with that lot then? 180/185ish at the fly?

172 cup'd extreme

dont know at the moment im just glad its working i have the worse luck with this conversion ... loads of stuff gone wrong! not bothered about bhp more interested in quarter mile times got 14.9 with a brandnew engine and just viper and exhaust

ST

dont know at the moment im just glad its working i have the worse luck with this conversion ... loads of stuff gone wrong! not bothered about bhp more interested in quarter mile times got 14.9 with a brandnew engine and just viper and exhaust
Not bad at all!

It also helps that its in the 1.2 shell too eh?

The rev limit has not been changed, could have got it set at 8k but would not risk it. The starter motor gave up this morning:( Have it booked in renault for warranty to sort this. Lets hope nothing else goes wrong with it. The S/Chip was done in N.Ireland.

172 cup'd extreme

Shells are the same mate most bits are the same on the 1.2 as the 2 litre only difference is a sunroof

Racing Blue 182

Shells are the same mate most bits are the same on the 1.2 as the 2 litre only difference is a sunroof
have you got any pics of your car?