ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got the RROD...

White APE
Well my 360 decided to give me the RROD today.

Im looking online for several things none of which i can find and im just going round in circles. Im probably being retarded but i cant find what im looking for.

Firstly, how can i find out if my console is in warranty? i have no idea when i bought it etc.
Secondly, if its in warranty, i do i arrange it to be repaired as i keep getting sent round in circles on the microsoft site.

Please help...

White APE
Well ive just got off the phone with xbox support and my console is out of waranty so i will have to pay for any repairs.

Question is, do i fork out for the repair or go and get a ps3?

Get a repair, or sell and buy a new one.

PS3 is good, but you'll miss the Xbox imo. I've had 360's for 2+years, and got a PS3 2months ago. Wouldn't have a PS3 over an Xbox.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
£50 for the RROD repair.

I'd just buy an Elite. Buy a PS3 if your door keeps accidentally closing, they handy for that.

White APE
£50 for the RROD repair.

I'd just buy an Elite. Buy a PS3 if your door keeps accidentally closing, they handy for that.

PMSL

Whys there not much love for the ps3?

Was quoted £80-90 from the chap on the phone for the repair.

Why do you need to pay for a repair?? The RROD is covered by extended warranty, one of my spare xboxes i have had since day one and its way out of warranty, last week they replaced it with a new one for free...

Just go to xbox.com and register your console, then book a repair...it will be free and take about a week to turnaround....

Astra CDTI SRI
Because it is out of the extended warranty...

lol!

Yeah, I got quoted £80 for a repair, so I ended up just buying a new arcade model and transferred my Hard drive etc.

Out of interest, did you have yours standing up on it's end, or lying flat?

Bumder With A Buffer
I offer to repair it for you but your a bit far away.

(thats why I asked how much you had been quoted)

White APE
Yup my 3 year warranty expired in June. Had the system standing up.

Im going to go shopping now to see what options i have with xbox and ps3. lol

Astra CDTI SRI
99% of the people I have spoken to got RROD from their console standing on it's side.

I was the same. My new one is now lying flat.

Motorbikes
lol!

Yeah, I got quoted £80 for a repair, so I ended up just buying a new arcade model and transferred my Hard drive etc.

Out of interest, did you have yours standing up on it's end, or lying flat?

Does this make a difference?

306 GTI-6
Exactly, go the link i sent, put in your serial number, and it will tell you if you can have the repair. As its a known fault, and they are still selling them with the potential fault, they are, I think, obliged to fix it. Sure Trading Standards got involved becauue of it at some point.

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
There's a kit you can get off eBay that solves the RROD in some cases. Worked for a mate of mine. About £5.

Alternatively, buy mine.