ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got to have the whole side of my car...



M

mij29

....Resprayed!
Well pis%ed off. some daft bint ran in my car while it was parked out side my house some weeks ago. Just been to macclesfield motor bodys where insurance says i have to take it.Now it does look a good set up but he told me that he will have to spray the whole side. I pointed out that the wings on these cars are naturaly a different colour and would it be the same when he's finished. He said it will be all the same colour, so in my opinion it won't look right. Do you think i'm beeing picky?
 

JoePeps

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
not at all, if its not how it was before the accident its wrong.

her insurance will be footing the bill, so tell the garage you want it exactly the same, and if that means spraying the other wing, or spraying the damaged wing a different colour thats what they have to do, you're well within your rights to insist on that, and if you have any problems, do not take your car in until it is agreed upon that they will make it as it was before the accident.

ring up her insurance and tell them to inform the garage to do what you say!
any problems and you see fit could be an idea to seek legal advice, may sound a bit over the top but its your pride and joy, or bloody well should be!!!
 
  Lionel Richie
its renault paint, it has to be blended in, i wouldn't worry about it

i had the side of mine redone and the had to blend into the bump/bonnet + rear bumper
 
M

mij29

pepsi69 said:
not at all, if its not how it was before the accident its wrong.

her insurance will be footing the bill, so tell the garage you want it exactly the same, and if that means spraying the other wing, or spraying the damaged wing a different colour thats what they have to do, you're well within your rights to insist on that, and if you have any problems, do not take your car in until it is agreed upon that they will make it as it was before the accident.

ring up her insurance and tell them to inform the garage to do what you say!
any problems and you see fit could be an idea to seek legal advice, may sound a bit over the top but its your pride and joy, or bloody well should be!!!


it is my pride and joy.the thing is the wing isn't damaged, it's the door so i asked him if he coud blend it in with the back 1/4 but he said he could do that but if the colour is much different the wing will jump out! I don't know what to do.
 
M

mij29

FredYozzasport said:
its renault paint, it has to be blended in, i wouldn't worry about it

i had the side of mine redone and the had to blend into the bump/bonnet + rear bumper


What about the wing though?
 
M

mij29

FredYozzasport said:
they painted that on mine too whcih was then blended into the bonnet and bumper


but is the wing a different colour like it should be?
I just want it to as original as possible, just picky when it comes to my motor.
 
  Lionel Richie
my car is black mate, so its harder to tell the difference

i've never seen an RS with different coloured pannels?
 
M

mij29

They all are in the light colours.
Silvers are the most noticable but you can see it on the maroon 1's too.
To be honest when i was lookin at buyin this car i thought it had been in a knock because of it but i looked at several, all silver and they were all the same.
But you are right, you can't see it on the black 1's.....lucky you!
 
  Lionel Richie
don't worry about it, if the painter is any good, then surely you'll have matching pannels now instead??

if you need an alternative bodyshop we know a very good guy in stoke
 
  Punto/Clio GTT
is the wing damaged?

how far across the door is the door damaged?

if the door isnt damaged to within about 8 inches of the wing then the wing will just have a very slight dust of paint over the edge for the colour match which wont affect the original colour as most of your wing will just be laquered.

dont worry about it, ide be glad that they are going into panels for colour matching and not attempting edge to edge as that would be something to worry about
 
  FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
isn't the color difference due to the plastic wings? because i can tell the difference on my black one. just look like they are in a different color, wouldn't worry bout it but.
besides its better he's spraying the whole side as opposed to just the bit that needs it, that would stand out.
 
M

mij29

Think you are all right, i'm just worring over nothin. They seem a good set up, reconised by bentley,mercs,bmw,jaguar,honda to name but a few and there were some big names in insurance on the wall to that support them so they must know what they are doin.

Who is it in stoke that you know for future refference fred?
 
M

mij29

FM-AVA-696 said:
is the wing damaged?

how far across the door is the door damaged?

if the door isnt damaged to within about 8 inches of the wing then the wing will just have a very slight dust of paint over the edge for the colour match which wont affect the original colour as most of your wing will just be laquered.

dont worry about it, ide be glad that they are going into panels for colour matching and not attempting edge to edge as that would be something to worry about

e wing is fine, the door is dented but it'sso close to the hinge that it's creased as well, thats why i couldn't have it pulled out. New door. i will try topost picks.
 
  1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
the wings only a 'different' colour cause its plastic .... its the same colour but it just looks different in the light.
therefore i wouldnt be worried
 
  Punto/Clio GTT
mij29 said:
e wing is fine, the door is dented but it'sso close to the hinge that it's creased as well, thats why i couldn't have it pulled out. New door. i will try topost picks.

if your havin a new door then its 100% wing being painted mate. it would be miles out to the wing otherwise.

a new freshly painted door next to a weathered plastic wing. not nice lol
 
M

mij29

Here is a few pics and 1 of the other side, notice the colour difference.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
M

mij29

sorry the pics are small but i don't know how to do it any other way and i had to drop my camera down to 1meg so that i could up load them.
 
  Civic Type-R
They are all the same colour, its just the way the light catches the different surfaces which makes them look different.
 
  Punto/Clio GTT
ide repair that door all day long. ALOT less hassle to repair than to throw on a new door, but if your goin through insurance dont suppose you have a choice
 
M

mij29

FM-AVA-696 said:
ide repair that door all day long. ALOT less hassle to repair than to throw on a new door, but if your goin through insurance dont suppose you have a choice


I did get dent masters out and chips away but they said it's creased so you will sill see it. I didn't want to have to have a new door and respray but i don't have a choice.
It does sem a shame that i have to do this cause ther is no paint damage but it's the way it is so it's a new door.:S
 
  ARCTIC BLUE 182
that happened too me when my car was a month old, and the arsehole drove off.Cost me 800.00 for a new door and have the whole side sprayed, looks spot on, went back in once to be re-buffered, all is fine now though.
 


Top