ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got to love second hand stuff...

I have a nose around MPB Photographic (and no, I don't work for them!) now and again, and I'm always amazed at how you can build a borderline professional set up for not much more than a top of the range compact or decent bridge camera.

Today for example, Nikon D50 + Nikon 300mm f4 + Nikon 50mm 1.8 = £397

Less than £400! Amazing to think that £397 will let you shoot like this all day long (taken with my D50 and 300mm f4) and still have a 50mm 1.8 in your bag that could easily cover 80% of your normal day to day shooting.

263808169_pSaor-L.jpg

I remember when I had a bridge camera (that cost about £350 iirc) and detail and blur like in the shot above was a complete pipe dream, I was looking at around £1200+ to get anywhere near that, now it can cost next to nothing (relatively speaking!) High end photography has never been more accessible imo.

Bus w**ker
This is why I need a prime lens :(.

450D is now available with the standard IS kit lens for £370 delivered brand new, with Canon cashback. Shocking when my best mate paid over £600 for it at release.

ukaskew any chance of the EXIF info for that shot please?

This is why I bought an Olympus E1. Brand new, with 14-45mm lens and at the time paid less for it than a new 350d!

Cupra
Most of my lenses have been second hand bargains. The best way to get some toys to play with without it costing a fortune as a hobby. The best part is that you can normally sell them on for what you bought them for when you dont need them any more.