ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gotta love the postman :)

Clio 182 cup
A big box awaiting me when I got home from work,

bdc25019.jpg

So went at it like a little kid at Xmas to find

6c18ad13.jpg

A group a oreca system :)

Can't wait to get it fitted, I've been told these are bloody loud tho
Could be a good or bad thing I'll have to wait and see.

I will upload pics and a video when it's all finished and fitted

Fair play to Ktec tho ordered yesterday and recieved the next day,

Excellent service :)

CLIO PH1 172
Heard these are to loud for most uk tracks ? Could be mistaken though looks epic would love a proper system like this !!

Clio 182 cup
we will soon find out once its fitted ktec say that the group N is 96 db's so would imagine the group A to be around a 100 or so :S its only the back box that is the difference between the two

Clio 182 cup
that does sound nice and yer like u say it is pretty loud already so mine will prob be even louder :eek:

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
it will be like driving with a big neon sign above the car going LOOK AT ME!! lol

Clio 182 cup
I was speaking to a mech at K-tec, and he said the group A system was silly loud.

I quite fancy a group N version.

i spoke to someone there as well and he said it was that loud he said it will pass a few track rules but be too loud for others, and it is only the back box pipe which is bigger the actual system is the same so dnt really think it will be much louder than jewon172's

is1

Integra Type R DC2
"Could be a good or bad thing I'll have to wait and see."

It will be a bad thing, trust me. Why oh why do people keep doing this?
Do you ever carry passengers (girlfriend etc.)?
Just my opinion, but loud exhausts on road cars are simply the most ridiculous concept I have ever come across. They rarely offer significant performance, often worse, are usually not correctly mapped (or at all) to see any benefit they may give, which as already said, is minimal.
Why have them loud? To frighten other cars?
Don't get me wrong, a nice exhaust note is different but that should be quality not quantity. For a performance road vehicle in this class, there should be a centre and rear silencer(s) and the note should arrive when you really step on the gas. That's when the note should correspond to the fact that you are wringing the engine. Otherwise, it's just a drone.
They annoy the neighbourhood. The number of times we used to spend an hour getting my daughter to sleep for someone in a 1.1 Saxo to shake the windows with this junk followed by the inevitable screaming from a 1-year old.

Of course, you are perfectly entitled to buy what you like. I just don't get it and had to say this as I have been wanting to for a while.

I don't think I could have a loud exhasut again, had them on both my 172's and now I have the 197 I prefer I bit of noise when I put my foot down, but cruising along the motorway it's nice to be able to hear the radio!

But that looks a nice system, stick a video up when you've put it on.

As for noise an neighbours, I could get away with it, my neighbour is American and drives a Mustang with an Akrapovic on, sounds mental!

is1

Integra Type R DC2

Seriously though, with good reason (especially the noise nuisance).
I'm not speaking without experience either, I have had a louder exhaust on previous cars (i.e. a fairly soft stainless replacement) but they just do nothing for me.
I don't mind a fruitier subtle note but sheer noise I don't get the appeal of.
No-one's going to think the average Saxo is an F1 car or a WRC because it has a loud exhaust!
It also means you have to turn the radio/music up even louder, you get vibration/resonance through the car.
It is a particular problem in this country where most people live in sardine cans packed next to each other.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Had a Yozza decat on my 182 for about 8 months,I like a loud exhaust,but I must admit after 8 months had at to put a sports cat on.What got on my nerves was the over run every time you come off the throttle,even at low revs would pop and gurgle,it is still loud with sports cat (96db at snetterton) just a lot quieter on the over run.

Clio 182 cup
Seriously though, with good reason (especially the noise nuisance).
I'm not speaking without experience either, I have had a louder exhaust on previous cars (i.e. a fairly soft stainless replacement) but they just do nothing for me.
I don't mind a fruitier subtle note but sheer noise I don't get the appeal of.
No-one's going to think the average Saxo is an F1 car or a WRC because it has a loud exhaust!
It also means you have to turn the radio/music up even louder, you get vibration/resonance through the car.
It is a particular problem in this country where most people live in sardine cans packed next to each other.

Had a Yozza decat on my 182 for about 8 months,I like a loud exhaust,but I must admit after 8 months had at to put a sports cat on.What got on my nerves was the over run every time you come off the throttle,even at low revs would pop and gurgle,it is still loud with sports cat (96db at snetterton) just a lot quieter on the over run.

those are fair opinions, i will have to wait until fitted then i will give mine.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
isn't this gonna be a pain having to replace the entire exhaust for an mot? or has it got a changeable cat section?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ive got a omp on mine with decat and it sounds spot on, loud but in a good way. You will love it

Clio 172 Phase 1
In the FAQ someone asked..

Q: Can you tell me what the diference is between the Group A and the Group N please?
A: The group A system is 63mm bore and the group N system is a 55mm bore.

Is that the tailpipe then or the whole exhaust?

Should be epic mate, hopefully its raspy and not "boomy" loud lol

Make sure you get that video up ASAP ;)

Clio 182 cup
just a little video nothing special just after being fitted,

th_8d5e84c1.jpg

a
lso it actually isnt that loud i have a rough db reading and was 80/83 on tick over and at 4500 with no load it was 95-97db's

Clio 182 cup
I quite like that.

I think I have seen your car parked in the Ship car park in Winchester.

the ship ? wheres that ? i do often go up there.

also forgot to say now getting a knocking noise, i believe it to be the regular sub frame knocking but i have both poli bushed dog bone mount and solid engine mounts so not to sure what it could be :/

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
the ship ? wheres that ? i do often go up there.

also forgot to say now getting a knocking noise, i believe it to be the regular sub frame knocking but i have both poli bushed dog bone mount and solid engine mounts so not to sure what it could be :/

Wales Street in Town.