ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GPS mounting positions

Hi,

Im about to buy a Tomtom GPS. I dont like the idea of mounting it to my windscreen because 1) I dont want it obscuring my view and 2) The suction circles are targetted by thieves.

I was wondering will a Tomtom 510 fit in the little tray area in the center of the dash? If not, will any another Tomtom model fit?

BTW: It's a Clio 2005 model, just in case there is any difference in the size of the tray between models!

thanks

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Being right-handed I thought it was a good idea to put my Mio PDA with GPS on the right above the ESP switch. It meant I could reach out with my "good" hand and operate the controls on it, like setting modes and inputting addresses. It wasn't a good idea because of the sun shining in through the side window washes out the display. Maybe you guys in your part of the world don't need to worry about the heat of having them in direct sunshine like we do, but to be able to read them in daylight you do need to put these sorts of devices where the sun can't shine on the face of them in any conditions. If someone would somehow combine one with a rear view mirror that's be a real smart idea.

Clio Dynamique
If you get a PDA Sat Nav you can get a sun visor where you can clip it inside. Cant remember where I've seen them.