ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gran Turismo 7

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The time has come yet again another Gran Tursimo. So far it looks like to be released March 2022. I'm most certainly be getting this. I really hope they deliver on this one with loads of stuff to do in Campaign / Single Player like on GT5 and the older versions.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
March 2022 really means holiday 2022 at the earliest. Its Polyphony digital after all.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I assume it will be PlayStation only?

In which case it is archaic and blows. Any game franchise that isn’t embracing optional cross play is in the dark ages IMO.

The current generation of gaming is as much about playing with your friends socially, as the game quality. Games like Among us prove that for me. Simple, s**t graphics but fun. As it’s playing with others / relies on other humans to make it hard / fun. This was only made more prevalent in lockdown. At least it is for me.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I assume it will be PlayStation only?

In which case it is archaic and blows. Any game franchise that isn’t embracing optional cross play is in the dark ages IMO.

The current generation of gaming is as much about playing with your friends socially, as the game quality. Games like Among us prove that for me. Simple, s**t graphics but fun. As it’s playing with others / relies on other humans to make it hard / fun. This was only made more prevalent in lockdown. At least it is for me.

Tbf no c**t can even get a playstation near 12 months after the f**king release so Xbox owners shouldn’t feel too left out lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is Forza still for Xbox only, it doesn’t bother me one bit if games are or aren’t for a certain console or pc. I know where your coming from Cub, times change and need to move on but I don’t know why they do it

Last edited:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Forza is on PC too. There are a few Playstation exclusives coming to PC so you never know.

I've pre-ordered the 25th anniversary one to go with my special editions of the others (although this looks a lot less special...). I doubt I'll have a PS5 at the time but it comes with a code for the 4.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Forza is on PC and has been for ages now. Horizon is pretty boring though imo and the next Motorsport could be quite a wait.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Is Forza still for Xbox only, it doesn’t bother me one bit if games are or aren’t for a certain console or pc. I know where your coming from Cub, times change and need to move on but I don’t know why they do it

Money.

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo... they make the majority of their money from the sales of games on their platform, not through the sales of their actual console / hardware. Hence they have key developers and titles exclusive to their platform for that reason. They know Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital will bring them a load of sales and, consequently, a load of revenue. Same with the Uncharted series from Naughty Dog for example. Those exclusive titles, and periods of exclusivity on certain titles that eventually go cross-platform, are a major source of income.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Got this on pre-order for March (or whenever they release it). Excited as I grew up playing GT1/2/3/4 however fell off the wagon after the 4th installment and jumped ship to be a Forza nerd, however fell out with Forza as didn't like Horizon 4 and never bothered with the later motorsport games.

I had GT Sport but didn't play much as I don't bother with online any more and would much rather have a casual offline campaign experience, of which is what I loved about the earlier GT games. Get me into that used car showroom and into the Sunday Cup ASAP!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Got this on pre-order for March (or whenever they release it). Excited as I grew up playing GT1/2/3/4 however fell off the wagon after the 4th installment and jumped ship to be a Forza nerd, however fell out with Forza as didn't like Horizon 4 and never bothered with the later motorsport games.

I had GT Sport but didn't play much as I don't bother with online any more and would much rather have a casual offline campaign experience, of which is what I loved about the earlier GT games. Get me into that used car showroom and into the Sunday Cup ASAP!
I'm in the same boat as you apart from the Forza bit. I'm hoping the Campaign is jam packed full of stuff, I'm not really bothered with Online now it doesn't agree with me lol

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Exactly the same as the 2 above, for me GT lost it's way, the early games were amazing, i to switched to Forza, but i now think that's losing it's way, hope this new GT is back to the old school ways.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

who’s getting this, I know there’s 2 versions for this I’m going for the normal version and this time it’s going to be a physical copy

4GTS/7.5R/182
I've been a PC man since I was gifted a 386 when I was 7 and the only consoles I've ever owned were cheap second-hand PlayStations to play the various GT games over the years.

I'd love to keep the tradition with GT7 and the game does look like a revival of the good old entries (I reckon my past favourite is GT4) but these days even a second hand PS5 ain't cheap. Seeing as I'll only ever play the one game it's quite a steep price - at least Forza (6 - maybe others?) works on PC.

For those of you with a PS5 already I reckon the game will be well worth it!

Last edited:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Got it pre ordered, not mega excited but buying Gran Turismo is a tradition now lol.

Will only be playing on PS4.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’ve been playing GT from the very beginning on GT1, the only one I haven’t played is the GT Concept . I mainly play offline and recently went online with GT Sport but I think I’ll be concentrating offline with the GT7 . I’m pretty confident it’ll be out in March like. I haven’t preordered yet like but I’ve noticed the 25th anniversary is out of stock at Amazon £90 though. Don’t want to fork out another £90 having the Castrol Supra would be nice though not interested in the others

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Racing Ai is so 1997.

Hopefully they've done something with the handling model in GT 7 as the one in GT Sport is "unique". Feels absolutely feck all like driving a real car.

I'd love if they've taken the best from iRacing and ACC and came out with the perfect mix.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
All I can say is OMG!

Need to fast forward about 15 minutes in or there abouts

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Most of that was utter dross. Focussed too much on the niche stuff. Museum? Who cares? Scapes? Who gives a toss?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
The main things that interested me were potential engine swaps (Beetle with a 911 engine wtf), the rest of the customisation looked fairly in depth, weather. Graphics were decent (which is expected though). The cockpit view seemed to be shaking about more, so it looked a bit more dynamic.

It's whether the camera shake translates to the bumper/other views, or if the cockpit view is customisable enough to use on a sim rig that bothers me.

Didn't look like there were enough old s**t boxes frankly. Most cars looked copied straight out of Sport.

The engine sounds on the replays sounded like the same old droning noises.

They didn't exactly rave about the AI, I can't remember if it looked much better from the footage?

Will have to see what the old gen version looks like and if any features get held back compared to the PS5 when it arrives. 😶

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I used to like these games but the past few haven't really excited me.
I'll wait for real reviews rather than the Sony hype.

Does it have Pikes Peak?

Inferno 225 cup
The main things that interested me were potential engine swaps (Beetle with a 911 engine wtf), the rest of the customisation looked fairly in depth, weather. Graphics were decent (which is expected though). The cockpit view seemed to be shaking about more, so it looked a bit more dynamic.

It's whether the camera shake translates to the bumper/other views, or if the cockpit view is customisable enough to use on a sim rig that bothers me.

Didn't look like there were enough old s**t boxes frankly. Most cars looked copied straight out of Sport.

The engine sounds on the replays sounded like the same old droning noises.

They didn't exactly rave about the AI, I can't remember if it looked much better from the footage?

Will have to see what the old gen version looks like and if any features get held back compared to the PS5 when it arrives. [emoji55]

I remember me and a mate having sleep over at his playing this when we was younger and using the beetle, or the mustang svt, the beetle was a little demon.

Had no memory card so kept up all night to bag some money and upgrades and going to curry’s then next day for a memory card. [emoji1787]

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I used to like these games but the past few haven't really excited me.

I know what you mean, they're supremely well made but a bit sterile feeling if that make sense.

This looks good but I don't think it'll beat the charm of having 1000 pixelated heaps to dick about with haha.

Widebody kits etc. sound good but how limited will it be...

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
It’ll be interesting to see it, I’ll obviously buy it straight away as it’s on PS5. I wasn’t particularly happy with sport but it does ok for checking what corners are where on the Nurburgring.

Hopefully this is a bit more old school as the last couple haven’t been great.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I know what you mean, they're supremely well made but a bit sterile feeling if that make sense.

This looks good but I don't think it'll beat the charm of having 1000 pixelated heaps to dick about with haha.

Widebody kits etc. sound good but how limited will it be...
This.
If playing on a rig at actual tracks I bet it's great, sat using a controller and a TV probably isnt going to be that good.

Clio
I did like the bit where they said occasionally the designers will pop up and talk about the history and the design of the cars.

Wonder if they'll have Dave from the Midlands discussing the Austin Allegro

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
This.
If playing on a rig at actual tracks I bet it's great, sat using a controller and a TV probably isnt going to be that good.
i am getting this feeling, i might look for a wheel nearer the time.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's alright should have Forza Motorsport for PC soon anyway 5 years in the making so should be a good one.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Got exited this morning first thing i got an email from Amazon saying it's out for Delivery and be arriving today and few hours later got another email with a code for the 3 free cars and 100,000cr for the pre order. And I'm still waiting for the delivery.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Yep same here, should be here tomorrow!

Edit - never mind, it's just been delivered!

Last edited:
  4GTS/7.5R/182
Got the disc version thinking - like a fool, clearly - I could pop in after work for a couple of races. 2 hours later it's only a third into downloading what seems to be the whole game 😅

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Got the disc version thinking - like a fool, clearly - I could pop in after work for a couple of races. 2 hours later it's only a third into downloading what seems to be the whole game 😅
i was watching abit of Kie, Jimmy and Super GT at different intervals and one of them said it's 100GB is that right?