ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Theft Auto V

Ph2 172
Late to the party on this one, just bought Banther's PS3 and five minutes later been offered an Xbox for 50 quid.

Looks like I might be joining the sweaty geeks at midnight then!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Digital Foundry, which has access to the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto 5, has offered an explanation for Rockstar's recommendation against installing the "play" disc.

"Rockstar recommends that you shouldn't install the GTA5 play disc on Xbox 360 and it's sound advice," Digital Foundry chief Richard Leadbetter said.

"When you first get the game, the first order of business is installing the mandatory content from disc one - this accounts for 7.7GB of data to install on your hard drive. Now, there's absolutely nothing stopping you installing disc two - the 'play' disc - onto the hard drive too, using the Xbox 360's dashboard to do so. It takes up an additional 7.8GB of storage. However, doing so impacts the game's ability to stream texture data, resulting in regular pop-in of in-game objects and textures.

"So what's the story here? Well, optimal streaming is achieved by making us of all the available bandwidth in the system. Why stream just from the hard drive when you can run in data simultaneously from both the disc and the HDD? Based on what we're seeing on the Xbox 360 version, perhaps running both DVD and HDD assets from just the one source slows down access times, impacting streaming performance. It's not game-breaking stuff, but it does take you out of the moment when it does manifest and for that reason we can't recommend installing the play disc.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Edge's second 10/10 in recent months - The Last of Us getting the other. They don't give those out willy nilly.

Just read the IGN review earlier. It just sounds incredible.

Tempted to join the Tesco midnight queue like a geek.

Then return my SimplyGames order that arrives tomorrow. I only bought it at £44 in the hope it came last week. Makes no sense to keep now.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Just had an email from Tesco explaining that they are giving a £6 discount on a points card! What the f**k is one of them?

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your order for Grand Theft Auto V, released on 17th September 2013. We hope you are excited about receiving your game, which is being sent out to you today via 1st Class Royal Mail
Due to our pre-order price guarantee you will have only paid £38.
You may have seen that today’s launch offer onsite is buy Grand Theft Auto for £32 when bought with a selected Xbox Live a selected Xbox Live card or PS3 network card
As a valued pre-order customer, we don't want you to miss out on the launch promotion that was announced online today. We would like to offer you a discount of £6 to use on one of the selected points cards to ensure you can get your copy of Grand Theft Auto V and one selected Xbox Live or Playstation point’s cards for the same total price as customers using the launch promotion.
To benefit from this promotion, add a selected Xbox Live or Playstation point’s card to your basket and enter promotion code 12345 at the checkout.

I only paid £30 for mine anyway.

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
Actually, just looked and they've removed the tracking information. Just as well I won't have time to play it this week. Useless flappy c**ts. (Amazon)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If first impressions count, Grand Theft Auto V is in trouble. This is a miserable opening, breaking the series tradition of dropping you into a fast car in a beautiful city, instead kicking off in a snow-driven town in the American Midwest with a flashback heist. The first thing you do is hold up on the left analogue stick for two seconds before control is snatched away from you. Behind the wheel of a car, you spin out on icy roads. As a way of beginning a story it makes sense, but it’s a lacklustre way to open a videogame. Thankfully, within half an hour we’ve got one car stuck on a fire hydrant, flipped another over into the path of an oncoming train, and taken a third on a police chase out of the city and made our escape on a jetski. Normal service is resumed. And it just gets better from there..

PMSL.

Swift Sport
Just had an email from Tesco explaining that they are giving a £6 discount on a points card! What the f**k is one of them?

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your order for Grand Theft Auto V, released on 17th September 2013. We hope you are excited about receiving your game, which is being sent out to you today via 1st Class Royal Mail
Due to our pre-order price guarantee you will have only paid £38.
You may have seen that today’s launch offer onsite is buy Grand Theft Auto for £32 when bought with a selected Xbox Live a selected Xbox Live card or PS3 network card
As a valued pre-order customer, we don't want you to miss out on the launch promotion that was announced online today. We would like to offer you a discount of £6 to use on one of the selected points cards to ensure you can get your copy of Grand Theft Auto V and one selected Xbox Live or Playstation point’s cards for the same total price as customers using the launch promotion.
To benefit from this promotion, add a selected Xbox Live or Playstation point’s card to your basket and enter promotion code 12345 at the checkout.

I've had this too, don't know what they're on about. Don't really care tbh.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Apparently so many memories of San Andreas in this map, with Grove Street and the surrounding area back looking just as run-down as ever.

I loved that little cul-de-sac in the original.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Why have they made it like that? What was wrong with putting a disc in and playing it from that like the good old days?

There's just THAT much content.

You can get a 320gb hard drive to slot into your poverty spec console though

The Escapist have given it 3.5 stars (which Metacritic sees as 70%). Oh noes.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Or just a new hard drive lol.

I need to see if I have enough space without destroying my Forza save. That and the fact my xbox is a bit tired is why I haven't decided or not if I'm getting the game yet.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There's just THAT much content.

You can get a 320gb hard drive to slot into your poverty spec console though

The Escapist have given it 3.5 stars (which Metacritic sees as 70%). Oh noes.

And basically because they think the game focuses too much on what's wrong with the world.

I shall take no notice of that one.