ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Theft Auto V

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
May as well start this off regardless of how far off we may be.

Rumour – Take Two casting call links Pedeaston to GTA V

Take Two is set to host a casting call for characters for Grand Theft Auto V, according to what appears to be leaked information.

Ripten‘s discovered the casting call page, which is looking to nail down five characters.

They are: an 18-25 “liberal young male who believes in a conspiracy made by Republicans to undermine America; an 30-40 “white creepy man who thinks that technology is a poison against the wilderness”; an 20-25 “female obsessed with sex parties, always dreaming of becoming a Hollywood celebrity”; and an 10-15 “young, fast-talking boy fighting for the right of young boys to drink alcohol and have sex.”

And the one character that adds authenticity to the story: a 40-45 year-old “man-boy love activist who just got released from an Indonesian prison” known as James Pedeaston.

Pedeaston is a character in a past GTA, having been a presenter for “The Wild Traveller” on radio talk station WCTR in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Potential web domains for the still-to-be-announced sequel were found earlier this month; the game is apparently codenamed “Rush”.

Hollywood is rumoured to be the title’s location.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Early 2012 I think is pushing it. I'd have thought 2013 TBH.

Gamestop lists GTA V, 2012 release mentioned

Gamestop Germany has put up a Grand Theft Auto V listing for pre-order, marking it for an January 15, 2012 release.

There’s a description, too. It doesn’t sound very conclusive, especially when run through a machine translator:

“Rock Star is now the first official information about GTA V coughed up! In an interview with the Times, said Dan Houser, that even on the fifth GTA is in progress. But before the characters are created, developers look after the the city, the whole play is in the. Houser is co-author of the screenplay for the story line be, the sites will comprise about 1000 Potential GTA V domains were unearthed last month, and a casting call was put up by Take Two and Rockstar recently, trying to find actors for something called “Rush”.

GTA V is expected to be announced at E3 in June.

Octy VRS
According to reports, Rockstar Games has recently registered new website domains that sound like they could belong to GTA 5's in-game Internet (assuming GTA V has an in-game Internet, as GTA IV did). The domains are: CashForDeadDreams.com, SixFigureTemps.com, StopPayingYourMortgage.net, HammersteinFaust.com, and LifeInvader.com. If they were indeed registered for GTA V's in-game Internet, then it suggests that the game is set in relatively modern times, since the World Wide Web only became popular in the mid-1990s. Some have speculated that CashForDeadDreams could be a parody of Cash4Gold (or Cash For Clunkers?), that HammersteinFaust is a parody of Goldman Sachs, and that LifeInvader is a parody of LifeLock, or even possibly Facebook.
I'll add what I posted earlier in the GTA4 thread.

I heard it could be fall 2012.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
They can take as long as they want

I might fire it up and play from the beginning.. but this time I'll just watch all the TV and the shows

Evo 5 RS
very little they can add without taking away on current generation hardware. The 360 version was packed to the brim.

A change of scenery and some more likeable characters would be enough though. Honestly thought they'd wait for next gen before releasing another, seems fairly pointless.

Evo 5 RS
They tried too hard on the car physics, most of the cars handled like ST-5

i.e boats
The current consoles are planned to be around for a fair while aren't they?

Probably till around 2014. Should be sooner imo, devs are crying out for faster hardware already

Monaro VXR
The current consoles are planned to be around for a fair while aren't they?

The life cycles take them into 2015 sort of. While they may be around that long it will be like the PS2 stays around for a bit after the new ones are out.

It'll still take less time than GT5 and be better lol

Those moaning about the car physics I personally disagree, made for some epic American action movie style stunts/accidents and added to the vibe. If they handled like a sim or a super grippy arcade racer it would have detracted from the experience IMO.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I honestly dont think people understand what american cars are like, they roll because thats what they do over there. Built for comfort so there more sim than you think lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I loved the ridiculous handling of cars on IV tbh, made it more fun to play IMO. Especially in the FWD cars :eek:

Listerine & Poledo
So long as they keep some of the classic GTA cars in there, It'll be fine.

Particularly the Viper and CRX a-likes

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I loved the ridiculous handling of cars on IV tbh, made it more fun to play IMO. Especially in the FWD cars :eek:

Yeah I quite liked the handling too. The torque steer on some of the cars was a bit mental, though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The Blista was my favourite car on there, perminantly on the handbrake, lol! Might have a blast on GTA tonight, not played it in ages.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Same as above!
Blista was the perfect little car! Its the only car I would happily go hunting for in game :eek:

Infact, if I remember correctly, the handling wasnt that bad on 4 in the Blista!

Listerine & Poledo
Blista's were epic.

The various supercars were fun and all, but there was always something better about barrel-rolling the little bugger across canyons.

I think my San Andreas save had a Blista in nearly every garage.

Couldn't get into 4, dont know why, just didn't interest me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think the size of vice city helped though, they just got so big. Took you 20 minutes to get to the other side of the map for a mission. Bit annoying sometimes I thought.

Vice City was "light and airy" they started to get dark and dingy the more they got realistic.

Going back and playing VC it would probably be s**t but the idea was spot on!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It sure was.

San Andreas was probably my favourite though. Jet packing around Area 52 and letting rip with a mini-gun

Rose tinted.

Play it now. It still plays well, but it's not as ground-breaking as GTAIII, nor as pretty and immersive as GTAIV.

It was good in it's day though.

Listerine & Poledo
Well, it is a last-generation console, it's not exactly going to be HD :)

I think Gally hit the nail on the head, it's nice to have a big map, but it started to get annoying to navigate, even with the GPS on. Maybe I was just being weak.... probably this actually.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
So, any ideas on where this one is going to be based? i take it if its Hollywood that would mean San Andreas?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Well, it is a last-generation console, it's not exactly going to be HD :)

I think Gally hit the nail on the head, it's nice to have a big map, but it started to get annoying to navigate, even with the GPS on. Maybe I was just being weak.... probably this actually.

LOL. You know that's not what I meant.

Listerine & Poledo
When will they bring it back to the UK!

Wasnt there a London Grand Theft Auto? Maybe they could base it in, I dunno.... somewhere with plenty of crime and not a lot going for it............... suggestions?

Its not possible yet, but imagine a GTA game where the setting is the whole world - wherever you are in the real world is where you start your game. Wander up your street, ring your neighbours doorbell (if he wasn't
Online, he'd be notified somehow; txt, facebook, skype) then shoot him in the face. So essentially every character and setting in the game is based on reality.

I've been waiting for this since GTA3.

I've just realised that sounds a bit like secondlife. Gone off the idea.

That or GTA5 will be set in Vice City or London or the future, or mars.

Last edited:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Wasnt there a London Grand Theft Auto? Maybe they could base it in, I dunno.... somewhere with plenty of crime and not a lot going for it............... suggestions?

GTA: Bradford?