ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greatest Ever TopGear Moment

mk5 VDUB polo
that car wash bit is hilarious! i was killing myself when i saw that on tv! only on top gear could you set a massive machine based on water on fire with a homemade car

I thought Hammond flipping the mini-van recently was one of the funniest moments, simply because it was 100% genuine unstaged and unplanned, the way it just went over was fantastic. Does a clip exist?

GW RS200
ukaskew said:
I thought Hammond flipping the mini-van recently was one of the funniest moments, simply because it was 100% genuine unstaged and unplanned, the way it just went over was fantastic. Does a clip exist?
'twas funny but he knew it would happen! A scandinavian flick on something as light as an aggbox and with a centre of gravity about 12 feet above the ground!!? Come on!

S.

A red missile
Funniest one for me was when Clarkie was testing that mental 75 grand Rover that you could get with up to 1000bhp and he smacked his head when he was blatting round the track.

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Funniest moment has to be the caravan trip where everything went wrong. Crashed into a pole at the petrol station, then tried to do a U-turn and didnt have the turning circle, the cops came and Clarkson and hamster run away...LOL then they get to the campsite and run over a tent trying to park it. It all end with them setting the caravan on fire and the tent beside them...LOLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdSRvdRC0E4 part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7Dpdakytk part 2

Have to say there was a hint of a set up, but who cares was funny as fook.

quality quote "It's a pan fire....no wait its now a van fire"

Setting the car wash on fire comes a close second.

Last edited:
Colin-S said:
Funniest moment has to be the caravan trip where everything went wrong. Crashed into a pole at the petrol station, then tried to do a U-turn and didnt have the turning circle, the cops came and Clarkson and hamster run away...LOL then they get to the campsite and run over a tent trying to park it. It all end with them setting the caravan on fire and the tent beside them...LOLOL
That looked throughly staged for me so became quickly unfunny. It seemed that in all the shots of him running over the awning and when Clarkson set the caravan on fire that there were no other people or caravans in the same shot. Even when the fire engine turned up you could see no other caravans in the same shot. I think they did a load of shots in the caravan park then a load of shot in a staged empty field and merged the two together.

And I'm sorry, they can be idiotic but they wouldn't be that idiotic to do a U-turn in the middle of a country road. Totally staged for me.:dapprove:

I find top gear is quite funny, but its just so fake and staged these days. That Top gear when they went caravanning. I live right by that campsite in dorset. I was in the pub on a saturday night and they all strolled in and had a pint, said they were filming and where staying in the caravan park nextdoor. Then the next day I saw them filming over and over again trying to turn that caravan in the road in a place called bovington a couple miles down the road. According to the top gear film they get lost on the way and try to turn the caravan around, but they where doing this a day after they actually got there in reality. So they obviously just went there to get stuck and film it. As for the caravan catching on fire, the "on fire shots" where in a different location to the caravan park itself. They just , mixed a load of clips together to make it look like it was there. Still, the programme is ok, just getting a little predictable and cheesy for my liking now. Sam