ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green Elements etc

Alfa Mito 155TB

Hi On Monday night I put octane booster & Optimax in my Mk II 172....tonight I fitted the green cotton performance air panel in......Tomorrow night I may reset the ECU into learning mode.

Not sure if it have more power....but it does feel less laboured and smoother...i will continue to run the octane booster and green filter together and give you an update in a weeks time or so !!!

Alfa Mito 155TB

When you reset the ECU apparently it relearns air intake and fuel etc as if it was for the first time....maybe it gives the car more oomphhh...i dont know.

If the green filter and octane boost stuff is giving more power then i cannot really tell...hopefully i will find a clio cup to race against at the weekend.....but the car does feel smoother in 2nd gear.

erm, well sorta....but saying it relearns is taking it a bit far.

It just goes back to its initial settings then feels how far it can go with the ignition timing, thats the only thing it really adj when off closed loop.

Oh, and people have a real problem getting topics into the correct forum?

stop trying to brainwash another forum member and drag him off to the Geek i mean Tech forum, leave him here hes doing no harm...bless... :)

Alfa Mito 155TB

Alledgely as stated on this forum to put the ECU in learning mode you disconnect the battery for one hour and that should do the trick....havent tried it yet...not sure how i would tell if things were better but maybe its worth a try.

320d M Sport

thats what i did about 2 weeks ago, did seem to run little smoother, specially with the air con on. BEfore that when air con was on it idled horrible!

cool, wonder if thatd work on my mk2 1.6? i heard something bout that ages ago, didnt think it was true.

is that ecotek power boost foam any good?

mike

Alfa Mito 155TB

Mine idles badly especially when cold, maybe it will run better with the green element and octane booster stuff as well...will try it at the weekend...I know doing ecu resets on scoobies makes a difference

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 21 August 2003

how do we do learning mode?
Enrol at a Uni...............ooops, sorry, thats party mode.

There is no learning mode, your just resetting it, and it has to learn its figures again, which it checks reguarly anyway

all you are doing is having to reset the clock lol

OOOH I just got my green panel filter in and I have to admit along with an oil change as a wee treat for my baby my RT is running like a CHAMPION!

Alfa Mito 155TB

Green elements make the car breath so much better, it may not achieve more power but i think it helps it closer to the alledged 172 figure..

But on the 172 Mk2 the paper elelment took out took double the space in the air box...and it looked cheap and nasty