ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green replacement filter

Saw BB performance tuning now do these for the 172/Cup - as in just the replacement filter element.

Worthwhile people? Im looking for an excuse to spend money at the moment but I think it could just be a waste. Does a filter element really do anything? Im a little dubious of full induction kits because half the time they lose you bhp in my experience due to incorrect set up if you just throw them in, and the cold air feed not actually being cold!

Have to wait for my membership to come through first if I do so I can get my discount!

I changed to one - its not rocket science - breathes easier sounds slightly noisier £30 - cant be bad eh?

Not on a 172, but on the Williams an open induction kit sounded great but noticably murdered the performance. Ive now gone back to using a K&N replacement filter in the original airbox which feels better than using the paper OE filter.

Only £30 and cant do any harm....try it...

OK, thanks people. Like you said Rhys, it cant do any harm and its only £30.

Did you order them from BB Performance Tuning Neil?

Has anyone ordered one yet, Im just on the web site now and I cant see how we get our CLUB DISCOUNT?

Anybody know, and does anyone know the size of the torque bolts ontop of the air box?

I think you put your Cliosport member number in at the checkout stage and they verify and give a 5% discount.

I was going to do mine over the next few days too.

As neil82cup says, we have 3 on order from Demon Tweeks came in at £30 each. Green are made on the same production line as K&N (so thats why they look similar), only difference is these one are green in colour, and without KN stuck on the box! Green make filters where K&N dont, was what I was told. Decent price to pay for one.

Skoda Fabia vRS

i dont think Green are made by the same people as K&N !!

Green is a French company isnt it, and K&N is American

also the only similarity really is they are both cotton gauze, ive seen both and reckon K&N are better made...

also K&N uses 3 layers, Green only use 2