ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenlight or Privilege insurance...any good?

182... again!
Thinking about using Greenlight this year as although the quote is £60 more than Privilege (£400) they do trackday insurance for £50 a day! I gather they double the excess, which would make it £400 for me...

How have people found them, especially claiming for road or track incidents? Thanks...

Clio 182
Ambo said:
Thinking about using Greenlight this year as although the quote is £60 more than Privilege (£400) they do trackday insurance for £50 a day! I gather they double the excess, which would make it £400 for me...

How have people found them, especially claiming for road or track incidents? Thanks...

I found them the cheapest quote and also it was the ease of cheap trackday cover that was a big plus! They do double the excess for track cover but the car is covered the same as on the road which is great.

Not claimed on anything but they are always very quick to send out paperwork etc, next day usually so have been very efficient so far for me.

R35 GTR
Karen said:
I found them the cheapest quote and also it was the ease of cheap trackday cover that was a big plus! They do double the excess for track cover but the car is covered the same as on the road which is great.

Not claimed on anything but they are always very quick to send out paperwork etc, next day usually so have been very efficient so far for me.

They were slow with my paperwork, but i complained and they sorted it all out for me.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Dave3141 said:
They were slow with my paperwork, but i complained and they sorted it all out for me.

We used to have to submit modified car policies to the insurer manually. Now we can do it via Electronic Data Interaction (EDi), meaning the business (policy details) is transfered to the insurer overnight through the internet.

This has eliminated any delays that may of previously occured with the manual submission. So you shouldn't experience any delay with docs this year Dave :cool:

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

182 Cup Inferno
i with priveleg, cheapest quote for me, they gave me one years no claim becasue i had been driving for a year but on third party with no accidents, plus everythin is included like legal aid, courtesy car, etc. not sure on the policy for mods though! ill have a look thro the docs if you like?!

R35 GTR
neil@greenlightinsurance said:
We used to have to submit modified car policies to the insurer manually. Now we can do it via Electronic Data Interaction (EDi), meaning the business (policy details) is transfered to the insurer overnight through the internet.

This has eliminated any delays that may of previously occured with the manual submission. So you shouldn't experience any delay with docs this year Dave :cool:

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

cheers mate, I have faith in you guys. I wouldnt have renewed if I didnt, plus you have beaten my next nearest quote by around £400!

:D

Vectra :(
Only problem with greenlight is that they wont quote my postcode as there have been a few claims from the area in the last 2 years?!

I have been to 10-15 other insurers in the last week and got quotes ranging from £500 to £1500 but not one has said because of the postcode lol

According to the postcode insurance database thing i live in a D rated postcode. Its a nice area (just got some rough areas within 3 miles). Just seems a silly way to choose your customers.

182... again!
Renewed with Greenlight now, Neil answered the phone! Paying about £60 extra with them for same cover, but they do the trackday cover for £50 a day so as long as I manage at least 2 that will pay for itself...shouldn't be too much of an ordeal!!

All the other benefits like guaranteed hire car, protected NCD and legal expenses are comparable! Hopefully I shan't need to try the ultimate test...a claim!!

They sound good for mod's too, although I haven't got any yet they cover them like for like apparently! I know Privilege won't cover trackdays and think mod's would be more difficult with them too...

Fingers crossed...!!

Clio 182
Lam7r said:
Only problem with greenlight is that they wont quote my postcode as there have been a few claims from the area in the last 2 years?!

I have been to 10-15 other insurers in the last week and got quotes ranging from £500 to £1500 but not one has said because of the postcode lol

According to the postcode insurance database thing i live in a D rated postcode. Its a nice area (just got some rough areas within 3 miles). Just seems a silly way to choose your customers.

I live in what I think is a D rated area now and am with Greenlight and was in an F* area before (although it was one of the most expensive boroughs in London!) and had no problem with insurance.

Clio 182
Ambo said:
Renewed with Greenlight now, Neil answered the phone! Paying about £60 extra with them for same cover, but they do the trackday cover for £50 a day so as long as I manage at least 2 that will pay for itself...shouldn't be too much of an ordeal!!

All the other benefits like guaranteed hire car, protected NCD and legal expenses are comparable! Hopefully I shan't need to try the ultimate test...a claim!!

They sound good for mod's too, although I haven't got any yet they cover them like for like apparently! I know Privilege won't cover trackdays and think mod's would be more difficult with them too...

Fingers crossed...!!

I was with Privilege before and both times I've rang for a quote they have faffed over the cup suspension pack not knowing what it is, wanting every single item listed etc, not worth the hassle and much more expensive for me plus when I asked about trackdays :quiet:

DC5
Privilege done allow mod's until you are 25, and greenlight don't insure 172 Cups, or n e 1 under 25 with a Cup, so I can't win. I am with Privilege as they are by far the cheapest, but I just can't do n e mods :(

Ad

MK2 FRS
I had two claims with privilege and the service was very good.....

I would have gone with privelege :)

Ford Mustang 5.0
Bezza4 said:
Privilege done allow mod's until you are 25, and greenlight don't insure 172 Cups, or n e 1 under 25 with a Cup, so I can't win. I am with Privilege as they are by far the cheapest, but I just can't do n e mods :(

We had a postcode review in August and we can insure NE1 now mate, but unfortunatley the 172 Cups are still a no go :(

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

182... again!
Ad said:
I had two claims with privilege and the service was very good.....

I would have gone with privelege :)

Would have...except they don't do the trackday cover!

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I was stuck between greenlight and privelege yeaterday, went for greenlight in the end, as renewing it was easier, and they can insure my mods, as im under 25, priv dont.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm looking at insuring my new Megane with Priviledge at the end of the month, as they have given the best quote by far, but by the sounds of it they may have issues with the factory fitted options. I was going to give Greenlight a look as well, Neil can you provide me with a quote please?

Ford Mustang 5.0
Gareth said:
I'm looking at insuring my new Megane with Priviledge at the end of the month, as they have given the best quote by far, but by the sounds of it they may have issues with the factory fitted options. I was going to give Greenlight a look as well, Neil can you provide me with a quote please?

Yeah no probs, if you complete your details on our website www.greenlightinsurance.com
ill e-mail you back a price.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

Ambo said:

Id consider another insurance company!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Greenlight are approx £100 more than Priviledge, I'll check where Priviledge are with factory fitted options, if they are OK i'll go with them, thanks anyway Neil.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Gareth, I did have minor issues with privilege trying to list my cup options on my 182. I just gave up, tried again the next day with a more helpful advisor on the phone and all was ok.
They listed mine on my documents.

Sold the sport :(
How long does it normally take for Greenlight to get back to you with a quote? Filled the form out on Thurs night, still nothing :(

Si

Sold the sport :(
Jeex just got the quote back, more than £300 more than direct line and one of the most expensive i've had quoted - not for me thanks, i'm staying with DL

Ford Mustang 5.0
MadSi said:
How long does it normally take for Greenlight to get back to you with a quote? Filled the form out on Thurs night, still nothing :(

Si
During our opening hours you should recieve the quote back with a couple of hours. If its done out of hours or over the weeked it would be the next working day.

We would of sent you back a reply by now, if you use Hotmail account sometimes our reply e-mails can get caught up incorrectly as spam.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight