ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greetings from AUS! FRS 172

Clio 172
Hi all,

Lurked here for a little while and have paid up today to become a real member.

Having been racing (sprints and club days) MX5s here in Australia for the past 6 years, (built a Turbo Malibu Gold NA6) i decided to get back to basics with a decent stock car that could carry a set of track wheels and weekend away bags but still be a bit of fun and competitive. Oh and CHEAP!! :eek:

The 172 seemed to fit perfectly.

Picked up a 2002 172 for a decent price and so far it has been fun.

IMG_3390.jpg

The main motorsport i will be invoved with this year is the New South Wales Hill Climb Championship.
Plus a few sprint days here and there.

Nothing major Mod wise will happen anytime soon with this car as i want to focus on my abilities first and foremost.

I have competed in 2 Hill Climb Rounds so far and a Regularity event.

2nd in class for the Hill Climb and 1st for Regularity at Wakefield Park.

20130127_180324.jpg

I have 2 rounds this weekend at Mt Panorama in Bathurst and very much looking forward to it. :cool:

Still trying to get used the whole FWD thing though!!

Anyways, Great forum you guys have here.
Hope to contribute to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 172
Cheers guys!!
Thanks for the Welcome :eek:

2 Days at Mt Panorama in Bathurst and the car came out without a scratch!
Very happy!!

Finally starting to get the feel for FWD.
Really enjoying the car moving under me when asked!!

Some decent tyres will be sorted shortly in time for the next Round in April i hope.

One bad thing i noticed is i have dropped a little 0 symbol for the oil level.
I also noticed when i took the undertray off the car that it appears a engine oil leak was present. Did not seem huge though.
Kinda of looks like it is between the engine and gearbox so i think it could be either a leaking sump or rear main seal.

The garage i have now in my apartment is awful!! no power and dark so might have to go to the ever untrusted mechanics and see whats what!
UGH!!

Otherwise loving "the little shopping trolley that could".

Quick Pic from the property we camped on for the Hill Climb.

Attachments

• 563270_10151404664163224_1740845869_n.jpg
    563270_10151404664163224_1740845869_n.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator: