ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grill removal?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Is there a guide or some one that has done it? Im going to remove them and spray them satin black, but how do I get the bloody things off!?

Do I need to remove the front bumper to get the lower one off? I've already taken the rear off before so thats not a prob. Any help would be great, cheers guys :approve:

S3, Polo
If it's like a mk2 ph2 1*2 (which I imagine it would be!) then you have to take the bumper off to access the tabs that secure the grilles.

Easy job, should take less than an hour.

> clicky <

ibiza cupra
think you are better off to take the bumper off to take the bottom one out. think you can do it with but its easyer and quicker to just take it off.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
ok, thanks alot guys! cheers for the link nero. would you bother laquering over the top just for that little extra protection on the paint?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
yeh i know that, i just wanna protect it from bug sprays etc that are quite strong

Better than yours. C*nt.
But then it's not Satin Black any more?

I used Satin Black on the front of the Exige, and that was fine. I wouldn't worry!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I did 3-4 fairly generous coats, and that was on chicken wire stuff. Should imagine it being fairly sturdy on the vee's grills, although I can see why you're doing it - just don't get polish on it in the first place :p

BMW M135i
Not very helpful i'll admit but i'd advise against spraying them tbh, seen it done several times and it looks bloody horrible imo. The normal plastic colour looks far better personally.