ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding noise around 3-4k rpm

Whenever I get to about 3-4k RPM and let off the accelerator I get a grinding noise apparently coming from the passenger side of the car. This happens when moving or when stationary. It sounds very similar to previous cars I've had when the exhaust heat shield was loose and grinding against something.

However I did hit some 'raised ironworks' at about 40mph last week. It was one of those things that was impossible to avoid without hitting oncoming traffic. Really annoying. I don't think it did any damage but it's possible?

I also had a new centre exhaust section fitted a week or two ago. Perhaps they've knocked something and it's causing this weird noise.

Any ideas? I've had a quick look under the car but with this horrible weather I don't fancy rolling around on the floor tbh.

Vw caddy tdi
Could very well be the tin hs under the car if not. Id say either alternator loose or krackered pulley put a long handle screw driver on alternator and to your ear try and pin point the vibration. I had this heatshield like rattle turned out to be the above.