ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding noise from clutch

Hello peeps,

As some of you know I picked up our 172 a couple of weeks ago and it recently went in to have a few minor things corrected, namely the wonky steering wheel and the drivers seat height adjust fixed.

While it was in I also asked them to look at the clutch as it was making a funny noise. When the car is first started and you select the gear (happens in both 1st and reverse), when you reach the biting point there is a grinding noise and vibration that can be felt through the clutch pedal. It is exactly the same noise and sensation that you would get if the car was grounding. At first I thought the car was grounding, but it does this on all roads and driveways, but only on first start up, it never does it when changing gear whilst moving. Although the wife says she has noticed it sometimes when you pull away from stationary in traffic.

Since its new I figured it might be the clutch warming up or bedding in, but I asked them to check the clutch anyway. They told me they looked at the clutch but found nothing (they said they found some clips were missing off the wing and that might be the cause of the vibration). However, it is still making this noise/vibration. Does anybody know what it might be? I am thinking of just leaving it to see if it goes away once everything is run in, but thought Id best check with you guys to see if it was anything than needs attention.

Thanks.

Please forgive my ignorance but....

:oops: whats that :oops:

Is it part of the clutch?

Is it serious?

How would it be fixed? new clutch?

and one more :oops:, there that should cover it.

Its not serious..you can could carry on for thousands of miles id expect..id just hand it in, and ask them to check those items. However i cant be exactly sure as usually this probably is when you release in neutral opposed to in a gear.

If it was the throw out bearing the torque tube is probably broke but then your cars new so it wouldnt make sense..so it could be a loss of oil :confused:

Anyway, all the retards at renault have to do is get the car up and get under the car to pinpoint the noise and change into first/reverse to replicate the problem. Once theyve pin pointed the noise, theyve found the part..and bingo. (thats how it should go anyway..!)

Excuse my vagueness..im digging at the bottom of the memory barrell!

-Rob

hmmmmm that doesnt sound good.

Did it only happen when you first started the car though? or did it make the noise more often.