ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding Noise when Turning wheels

Titanium Clio 182
I have been getting a noise when I drive at 60mph its hard to explain it, I though it was the engine or exhaust at first but when I put my foot down on the clutch to lower the revs, the noise was still there.

I individually raised each side of the car and spun the wheels, all of them where grinding when I spun them. My car has been sitting in Portsmouth dockyard for 2 months and the brakes where stuck on. For about 5 days after moving the car the brakes where lumpy as if there was something on the discs (was probably rust) the brake discs are still rust but the brakes seem fine now.

Could this be a problem with my brakes or a bearing, i'm thinking brakes.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
does the grinding sound come from the wheel hub or towards the gearbox?

not likely to be both wheel bearings gone at the same time i should imagine...

Titanium Clio 182
When turning every wheel there is a grinding noise from each. When driving at 60mp it sounds like its coming from the rear.

Titanium Clio 182
When I turned them by hand yeah.

Like I said the car was parked up outside for 2 months and the brakes were stuck on. Maybe thats the cause of it all.

Audi S1
I get a weird noise come from my car now, need to get it serviced next month.

I had a noise come from my car but it turnt out the wheel was rubbing, you checked it?

Titanium Clio 182
On the front wheels I wiggled them and they had a slight bit of give moving them left to right, i'd say probably just under a mm movement, I dunno if that was just the steering though.