ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding/scrapeing noise on full lock in reverse

Clio 182 RS
Hello there, bit of a strange one. I've only had the car a week and everything is fine, drives ok, theres just one annoying niggle with it. Only when i have the steering on full lock and in reverse there is a grinding/scrapeing noise from the front. The bit that baffles me is when i go forward with the steering on full lock there's no noise at all, only when in reverse. It's sounds as though the tyres are catching on the inner arches but it's a standard 182 with no mods on it.

Any ideas what it could be?

Regards

clio 172
I have exactly the same problem. I've had the wheels off and tried tugging the suspension to see if it's the top mounts but they feel tight to me. It doesn't screech a long time but enough to be embarassing when turning around/ doing a 3 point turn. It almost sounds like it could be the exhaust? I also here the smallest of sqeeks when driving.
Same again

Any ideas?