ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gromit for Amp Power Cable

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
Cant seem to get the gromit back into the whole where the bonnet release cable goes through after installing my amp power cable through it, so now I can hear the engine of my car louder which is really annoying. Can anyone tell me how to put the gromit back into the whole or if there's somewhere else i can pull the amp cable through?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Why did you take the gromit out as you can push the cable through after making a hole.

Try pushing it back in with a screw driver or cut the gromit and try putting in back that way.

my gromit for the boot release had a spare hole, so i threaded it through there dead easy, but i guess the v6 gromit is slightly different.

C4 Grand Picasso
I found it easiest to wiggle and pull the grommet into place from inside the engine bay.

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
Definitely no extra hole and I can push the gromit back in now which is annoying as all i can hear is my engine now, wish i hadnt put an amp in.

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
Finally got the gromit back into place, so isnt there anywhere else where you can pull it through into the battery?