ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grooved or Dimpled front brake discs

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
Need to change the front discs on my 200 and want peoples views on thease two options !! dimpled or grooved discs ?

thanks Lloyd

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i have groved discs, not sure about performance difference but there not much difference in price so its up to you really

1 thing i will add, they make a fair bit of noise when heavily braking

Grooved brrrrrr under breaking. The grooves also get packed with brake dust and from what I experienced reduce efficiency.

172 Cup
I've brembo max discs but I find they help heat up the pagid blues on the road so that's the plus side from my point of view but if you don't need them don't bother.

A.N. Other
So the consensus is just stick to normal discs, like regular Brembos, then? Who sells the HC's & how much do they cost? I've seen them on KTR's website but wasn't sure if there's a trader on here?

A.N. Other
Yes I look in the traders section but there's loads of them & no listing of what each sells - after all these years it's more difficult to see who sells what.
Thanks for the pointers though, I'd seen about G172 at least.