ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ground Loop Issue-DAB

ValverInBits
I've got a Clarity DAB radio unit and I've having some issues. It's not a headunit, it's a separate adapter with a line out to the headunit.

The setup is:

Vehicle Aerial > DAB Aerial Amp (+12v powered) > Clarity DAB unit > Connects2 CD changer input box > Standard Ford HU

I get a hiss through system as well as some quiet bleepy noises that change frequency. If I try the Clarity DAB unit through headphones, it's perfect, so I'm thinking it's a ground loop.

Any tips?

182 BG
Sounds like a ground loop! Is it a phono connection to the Ford HU? aka, the pair of round red and white connectors..

ValverInBits
The Aux without the DAB unit is perfect.

I've just discovered ground loop isolators and I've got one on order now. Ill try that out.

ground loop isolators are not a cure, just a bodge, seperately earth your cigarette lighter which I am assuming is what your dab unit is powered by and should cure it