ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

group n ecu good enough?

i have a cda, custom decat and centre pipe (2.25") with Superprint street backbox. Am about to order the group n ecu. However, was wondering if this ecu will be good enough for my future mods of a modified inlet manifold and cams. Any advise is greatly appreciated!

cock mobile.
I doubt it would be ok for cams, you're best to get an SMT6 which is fully programmable.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
cams is a big job and ££Muchos.

The Grp N will suffice for the other planned mods.

Spk to Pmurray for remaps.

Remap Tuning Available
A Grp N ecu will do almost all standard modifications like exhausts, inlet manifold, and air intake , except when it envolves changing engine parts like cams etc etc..

If the cams etc are changes the ecu will need a personal remap to suite them.

Caterham 1400 Supersport
The Group N ECU I bought second hand from here was actually designed for uprated cams, although we only found this out when sent away to be unlocked. It was swapped over for the normal version with standard road cams.

I'm pleased with it so far, a small increase in power, but the best thing is being able to use the higher rev ranges without hitting the limiter as much and having a better overlap so you don't find yourself below 5200rpm as much. :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
yep, also it sharpens up the fbw responce too, you can tell once you jump back in a standard 172/182 etc