ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

group n ecu or chipped

mazda 2 sport white
group n ecu or chipped which would you go for
had a remap on my 172 not much difference
but better mpg i was getting about 33 mpg
my 182`s sh*t would be nice toget more than 26
so abit more power would be nice & mpg can`t see that ,
but i don`t think it can get much worse . do the group n cick over
higher ? and how much power dif do you get , or torque .

Have you chnnged your spark plug or had your coil pack changed I'd check them both? 25mpg vs 33mpg on a 172 shows somehtings wrong. Also check the lambeda sensors are clean and plugged in correctly. Does your car feel slow as I'd check the injectors as well.

The original ECU which were sold with the "group N" maps had a higher idle.

Group N means almost standard though the biggest joke is that no Clio goes racing with the electric throttle body like your car has so there no true group N map possible.

I'd go for a custom made map its the best for power and your car.

mazda 2 sport white
only done 11111 miles not had first servies yet (changed oil 3 times tick over very lumpy . like it`s camed up but its not, only got janspeed exhaust standard cat ,
and hill bend + k&n panal filter . only ever had v power in it from 9 miles . :approve: & it`s well quick .

172 cup'd extreme
They do Idle lumpy the MPG seems bad i cane mine and get 31-33 all day.
how you working the MPG out? with the computer? or gallons used per ammount put in?

mazda 2 sport white
with the computer and reset it every time i start out to work 16 miles a day mostly dual carridgeway .

Remap Tuning Available
Gpn and most remaps/chips are the same deal , thw only difference is the way its added to your car.

The 172 and 182 will never be a massive gain no matter what you do, afterall its a NASP engine and there are limits to safe power.

Who remaped your 172 ??

mazda 2 sport white
total control racing (superchips ) thay do the clio cup cars
took my settings form the obd sent them to superchips
and thay sent the prog back then did the update .

williams and trophy
gp n ecu.....generic map...same map on all ecus.

bearing in mind evry engine is diff. these will have varying results.

for best results, u need a map to suit ur engine, which means a live mapping session., not just an ecu/chip swap.

personally id go for a remap evry time, the gp n shud give good gains, but again wont be mapped specifically for ur engine.

chip wizards evry time for me.

after gettin a 172 chiped does it make much difference to mpg? as mine is dead standard as i driv 70 miles a day to work but thinkin of getting a pannel filter, blue flam exhaust and a remap but not sure if to do it because of mpg? willl this make much difference? also will it be noticable power? ie worth it?

after gettin a 172 chiped does it make much difference to mpg? as mine is dead standard as i driv 70 miles a day to work but thinkin of getting a pannel filter, blue flam exhaust and a remap but not sure if to do it because of mpg? willl this make much difference? also will it be noticable power? ie worth it?

Won't make any difference realy.

Won'd make much more power either get the intake manifold reworking done as well if you want any extra decinet power. But tunning the 172 engine with money level like this arn't very cost effective.

megane 285 sport
im planning on a uni-chip,which ive been told is one of the best chips you can get, them expensive, but them remapable so them set up to your car on the rollers, all depending what youve got done it of course, they am also a piggy back chip, so your ecu does get reprogrammed, the programs in the chip.

im planning on a uni-chip,which ive been told is one of the best chips you can get, them expensive, but them remapable so them set up to your car on the rollers, all depending what youve got done it of course, they am also a piggy back chip, so your ecu does get reprogrammed, the programs in the chip.

Lol, your English leaves alot to be desired.

A uni chip etc is only as good as the mapper.