ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group N ecu... or is it??

182 FF
ECU i have recently got a ecu that i was told is a group N ecu. i have looked on the internet and it looks exactly like a standard ecu to me. It says on it Siemens S118303125 A. Will this mean ii is a standard one that has been remapped to group N ecu or willl it be just a bog standard renault ecu??? any help would be useful
thanks

MERCEDES CLS AMG
I used to buy them from John at Renaultsport and they are completely standard looking and show the original siemens number / renault part number

I used to buy them from John at Renaultsport and they are completely standard looking and show the original siemens number / renault part number

sounds like it could be difficult for him to tell then! lol

Most ECU remaps are just the internal Eprom being replaced or re-flashed with the new map, so outer casing etc will all look standard... I think it's going to be impossible to tell without taking it to an RR and having the results compared to a stock ECU'd car.

Renaultsport 220T
Speak to Henk at Fastchip, if you get his tuner kit, you should be able to sell that spare ecu on, or have a map uploaded to it, and take off the map that is already there with his software. His custom maps are much better than the 'group n" one anyway.

www.fastchip.nl

I think thats all they did - order them from Renault and remap them, then send em out

sounds about right, think that's what they all do, I suppose theirs not much point in removing the OEM item number, that's probably half the reason people get them done... so Renault dont find out and dry bum them on warranty claims lol